digital cams now

by gotcha 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• gotcha
    gotcha

do u have a digital cam? if yes what brand/model? are u contented with it? thanks....wanting to shift to digital now..

• cecil
    cecil

I bought the Minolta Dimage7 some weeks ago. My first digital camera - and it works very good for me. I have used Minolta SLR-cameras until now - and the possibilities with the Dimage7 are really great. I bought a 128 MB compact flash-card with the camera and a 1Gb microdrive as extra storage (standard 16 Mb is far from enough). But: The dimage7 is a battery-power EATER!!! It's best always to have 1 or 2 extra sets (needs 4 batteries) of re-chargeable batteries with the camera. E-mail me if you want more details.
    cecil

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

I just bought a Sony DSC-F707 last night.. So far, so good.. Excellent picture quality, doesn't seem to be tooo much of a battery hog, and it has a neat infared system so you can use it at night (Way cool)... [Lots of pictures of my niece and nephew in their holloween costumes at night]

I did buy a couple of 128MB memory sticks, however.. Like Cecil said, the stock 16MB stick that came with it won't even allow me to take a picture at it's highest setting!!! (5.24 MegaPixel 2560x1920 resolution)

• gotcha
    gotcha

thanks!! nice cams u've got there....5 mpixels! wow..
    cecil - i'll email
    wanna - could u email me if uve got time?
    thanks again

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I have the Canon D30. I'm loving it. I had the Nikon D1 previous, and it was pretty wonderful too, although it was a whole college credit just learning the overly coded menu system. The new D1X is much better and intuitive to use, but it is also 5300.00 Now that I think about it, the old one was too, when it first came out. Ouch.

The high-end consumer cameras, like the Dimage (nice cecil) and the olympus e-10, etc., are truly amazing to me; what you get for the money.

• zev
    zev

I HAVE A SONY DSC 50 2.3 MEGA PIXEL - DOES STILL AND MPG.
    opps...sorry about the caps....

have a 64 meg card in it.

the 2.3 megapixel is fine for my needs, i'm not an avid photographer, but it does suprisingly well, and i'm amazed at how good it makes me look {at taking pictures anyways}

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

• gotcha
    gotcha

six --- u've got too nice of a cam! afraid i cant afford that..are u pro? so are u a canon/nikon lover?

zev - im thinking of settling for a 2-3 mp cam, how much did u get that for?

too many nice digital cams...the only prob is money!

• zev
    zev

I THIN IT WAS RIGHT AROUND 500 USD...BUT I BET IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS THE PRICES HAVE DROPPED

sorry about the caps again.

dang.

-Zev
    -The "Truth" is out there! TRUST NO ONE!
    I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit