On a MISSION today.......

by nomoreguilt 2 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Each year since my wife and I were married, 4, she buys something for my grand son for christmas, of course. My older son is active jw, but from what I get from his best friend is that my son's heart isn't necessarily in it. I am close to the friend, his dad is my best friend ex jw all.. So, today we are taking the christams gifts , less the wrappings, down there. I know my son knows what the gift is for, but we do it early so there isn't any big hoopla about celebrating the holidays. He appreciates the thought and the fact that I don't act like I am celebrating either. I am still fading, 3 years now and I am doing quite well with it. My son doesn't pressure me at all about it, as I said , I don't think his heart is in it. He's really stuck, married into a very large jw family and he is a really nice nice young man.

So ,today, I am on a fact finding mission. What is going on in his cong? I'm also going to see if he will give me a copy of tomorrows study wt. I don't want to make any waves about the jw, I haven't even discussed the truth with him in years. But I do want to get a feel for what's happening locally, as I don't have any contact with the borg other than my friends here in JWD. So, wish me well and we'll discuss this later.

nomore guilt

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wish you well.

My 18-year old daughter is still in.

I don't ask about the meetings; she doesn't volunteer any info.

It's kind of an unspoken agreement. She semi-shuns me around assembly times.

Wonder why?

Sylvia

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ya, I love my son and I now he loves me too. He has never invited my wife and I to his home, I think he has a loyalty issue with my ex that he can't bring himself to do anything that may upset her. He's still tied to the strings there. I so badly want to tell him all the great things that I have learned here, but I think he would be tempted to turn me in, that's a bad choice of terms. Let's say he would be in a quandry over it. So, I will bide my time on that issue and see what I can glean from him.

OK! I gotta shower and all that, so I will leave you all till this evening.

nomoreguilt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit