Billy berates 'Keep on the Watch' #2: *Love those Molesters*

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Previous topic on cancellation of January "Keep on the Watch" campaign and contents of page 3 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/147814/1.ashx

I promised more... here it is. The brochure attempted to cram everything into a brochure and made such sweeping generalities that would lead to strange conclusions. On first glance, these two paragraphs seem ordinary JW stuff, but with the child sex abuse scandal, would not be appropriate. Page 30 of KotW, after speaking about love in the family, the usual love of husband, wife, and children, next section is para. 13 & 14:

***kpp.30pars.13-15"AboveAllThings,HaveIntenseLove"***

Lovemovesustooverlooktheshortcomingsofothers. Recall that when admonishing his readers to "have intense love for one another," Peter gave the reason why this is so important: "Because love covers a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8) To ‘cover’ sins does not mean to ‘cover up’ serious sins. Such matters are rightly reported to and handled by responsible ones in the congregation. (Leviticus 5:1; Proverbs 29:24) It would be most unloving—and unscriptural—to allow gross sinners to continue hurting or victimizing innocent ones.—1 Corinthians 5:9-13.

In most cases, the mistakes and faults of fellow believers are minor in nature. We all stumble in word or deed at times, disappointing or even hurting one another. (James 3:2) Should we be quick to publicize the shortcomings of others? Such a course would only serve to create friction in the congregation. (Ephesians 4:1-3) If we are governed by love, we will not "give away a fault" of a fellow worshiper. (Psalm 50:20) Just as plaster and paint cover the imperfections of a wall, so love covers the imperfections of others.—Proverbs 17:9.

Anyone want to comment on paragraph 13 regarding the difference between a serious sin, such as 'oral sex', and a CRIME such as molestation, rape, and murder? Yes, some sins are just sins, but some sins are CRIMES. Are CRIMES to be handled by "responsible ones in the congregation"?

Any comments on paragraph 14 regarding how 'If we are governed by love, we will not "give away a fault" of a' oral sex enjoyer? Would a loving person "give away a fault" of a child molester?

More later on why I hate this brochure...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It would be most unloving—and unscriptural—to allow gross sinners to continue hurting or victimizing innocent ones.—1 Corinthians 5:9-13.

Damn right it is. How about listening to your own litter-ature, WT?

• nelly136
    nelly136
    To ‘cover’ sins does not mean to ‘cover up’ serious sins. Such matters are rightly reported to and handled by responsible ones in the congregation.

still no mention of reporting serious sins to the proper authorities and police if need be, no surprise there then

• spoopy
    spoopy

I thought the borg was "spirit directed". Surely "the spirit" would have seen all of this coming before the January offer went to print.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, no kidding!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From what I have been seeing lately, they really need to get their priorities straight. They just had a blasting of pedophiles within the organization and silencing the victims. And now they have the nerve to talk about oral sex between married couples. What I don't get is: Why is it more serious for a married couple to have oral sex than it is for the hounders and assistant hounders to abuse their positions to molest children and then threaten the victims that they will be disfellowshipped for "slander" if they rat out the perpetrator? And the gag orders! Do people that engage in oral sex ever see gag orders on their reporters?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I find it difficult to believe that the WATCHTOWER is not above changing two simple phrases on page 3 to avoid the possible difficulties the existing phrases might generate.

"... Priests sexually exploit young children... church buildings sold."

I mean, c'mon! If the writing Department at Bethel can't cobble together a couple of phrases to replace those, maybe they can get some help from an especially bright sixth-grade student.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Nathan, I think that boxes filled with these brochures, were already in route to the KH, via UPS, or were already in the halls, when the NBC news aired. Or, at least they were already printed, and nobody thought about what it said, and they were shipped out. Someone, somewhere caught the irony, and told the big guys. Who then sent out a letter to all congrations to pull the brochure off the offering list.

Now, what to do with boxes, and boxes of brochures. As I have said before. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/148258/1.ashx

Billy mentioned that there were some other items. I can't wait! Will each KH buy sharpies? Have a bonfire? Buy an industrial shredder?

Can't you picture the calling of a meeting, when they realized what was in those booklets, that have already been shipped, all over the world? The cost, of printing and shipping, and to probably have to recall, or just trash them? I can see some canes banging on the tables!

"Damn it, get the lawyers up here. who is responsible? I thought they said that little matter of the kids, would be swept under the rug. Nobody would find out. This printing loss, has cost us almost as much as paying those rug rats off! Now we have 2 losses!"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks, all, for reading my rant! And thanks especially, H. Life. I checked the records and in local cong there are 501 of these suckers in stock. NOT A TYPO!! 501 of them. They could be offered every month for the next couple of years and there would still be, um, probably about, I'd guess 497 still left.

For the original campaign in 2004, they were sent by 'mother(tm)' without the congregation ordering. Evidently, they thought this was such a masterpiece, every householder would want 2 or 12 of them.

I continue with... Billy berates 'Keep on the Watch' #3 here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/148356/1.ashx

Yep, there was supposed to be 'new light(tm)' or 'current truth(tm)' in that brochure.

• searcher
    searcher
    Just as plaster and paint cover the imperfections of a wall, so love covers the imperfections of others.—Proverbs 17:9.

‘Whited sepulchres’?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit