Fighting the curse of the face-eating tumour

by Big Tex 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I feel so badly for this guy. He refuses treatment because of the asinine blood policy of Jehovah's Witnesses.

This poor man, who doesn't even go to meetings now, still is so brainwashed that he does nothing to help himself.

Things like this just sicken me. Not because of this poor man, but because of a cult who doesn't give a shit about people. How many people have died, or are disfigured or otherwise hurt because of a policy that will one day be changed? And when it happens, what will they say to people like this fellow?

What truly saddens me is Jehovah's Witnesses do not support this man, only his immediate family. He is taking this stand, but no one of his "religion" supports him.

How very, very sad.

Please don't make fun of him.

Jose's condition, haemangioma, stems from abnormalities in the capillaries and veins in his face. In effect, what should be a river carrying blood back to his heart has turned into a lake, which has now expanded to obliterate the rest of his features.

For Jose, surgery would offer an escape from the routine he has developed to help deal with his affliction.

Here's the article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/03/wface103.xml&CMP=ILC-mostviewedbox

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think at first he figured he'd wait for 1975 so he could save a few bux on doctor's bills. The abnormal growth could probably have been taken care of without the use of a transfusion, because it was just a portion of his lower lip that was originally involved.

This is NOT the same as "elephant man" disease, by the way. "Elephant man" disease causes wild and irregular growth of the BONE. This is a mere affliction of the flesh.

Maybe they should leave it untreated, just to see what an ugly effed up blob he can become while "waiting on Jehovah."

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Atrocious.

When "new light" finally comes along, there will be no apology to this poor man and others like him, from the Watchtower Society.

Len Miller

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit