movie "THE MIST" delivers with a religious edge...

by Frank.L 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• Frank.L
    Frank.L

I really enjoyed this one. It quickly becomes an apocalyptic type movie when the unknown conquers mankind. Town residents are hold up in a grocery store when a strange mist or fog kills anyone who enters it. When they see what happens a Bible thumping end times lady convinces a fair share of those inside the store that the God of the Israelites demands vengence for what we've done and now HE is pissed. ...The charachters are well developed. ..I was hoping theyd put a JW in the store but ....lol...anyways well worth the time i think....The end of the movie is Superb.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Thank you Frank. I too am wanting to see the movie. I haven't heard anyone talk about it lately and I was afraid it may be a dud. But you have encouraged me..now I will make an effort to go see it.

I'll let you know what I think about the movie..Thanks for not telling the ending..I hear it's a dozy...

Snoozy...

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

Wow I feel like such a snob but I absolutely hated this movie. I believe it had some awesome themes that they just put no effort into developing. I thought the character that Marcia Gay Harden played could have been perfect and that the ending could have been truly traumatic but instead was laugable. The movie thematically had great potential but the studio rushed it made it a money maker. The lord of the flies overtone is a good backdrop but make the characters believable and engaging at least. Sorry for the dissenting view on this I just was really disappointed.

• blondie
    blondie

Stephen King tends to have a religious theme in many of his stories. My favorite is The Stand.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My favorite is 'IT.'

The mist was a good short story not in my opinion as good as the story 1408 but still good. I really want to see the mist movie I enjoyed 1408 as a movie so I've got high hopes for "mist!"

• footstepfollower
    footstepfollower

1408 was a great movie if you look at it as a drug indiced psychosis where suicide seems the only option

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit