I need to do a computer test with my postings...just need 1 person to post

by FreedomFrog 9 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I think I came across something that I'd rather not want so I'm going to test it on the next person that posts on this thread. If my suspicions are correct I'll need it fixed. I'll explain if it "works". I'll explain if it doesn't work either...I'm hoping it's not what I think...here goes.

• V
    V

Here I am.

• Bourne
    Bourne

Me too.

• Priest73
    Priest73

so did it work?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Thanks V for being the guinea pig...it didn't work...phew...I'm so glad.

I accidentally "edited" on the ohio state v lsu thread thinking it was a "link" and it popped up as if I was able to edit peoples posts and I backed out.

So I tried editing your post and it said "access denied"...I'm glad of that because I didn't want the responsibility of having that option. If a person clicks on "edit" with a different poster it looks like you're able to edit that post. Scared me for a moment...lol

edit, "LSU" I meant...lol

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Thanks guys....it didn't work...YAY and phew. lol

• poppers
    poppers

I've wondered about that, too. Is it only moderators who can edit others' posts? Sometimes I notice how someone will take another's post and put it into proper paragraph format.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Is it only moderators who can edit others' posts? Sometimes I notice how someone will take another's post and put it into proper paragraph format.

Yes, it should be only the moderators. If "anyone" could do it, there could be lots of trouble. I thought maybe there was a "bug" in the program that was allowing me to do it. I don't understand why a person can enter into another persons post in the first place, seems to me it shouldn't even have the "edit" button at all on other people. Though, I am relieved that it does deny if a person did try.

• onacruse
    onacruse
    I've wondered about that, too. Is it only moderators who can edit others' posts? Sometimes I notice how someone will take another's post and put it into proper paragraph format.

Well, God can also edit posts, but He's been a bit too busy to bother Himself with such matters. LOL You can, of course, edit your own posts within a certain time limit. Mods can edit any posts within a somewhat extended, but still limited, time frame. You can't directly edit anybody else's posts, but you can c/p and edit the c/p within your own post. You can't delete even your own posts/threads, but, within that limited time frame, you can edit them. The secret keystroke for all these functions is (REMOVED)

• onacruse
    onacruse
    The secret keystroke for all these functions is (REMOVED)
    02-Dec-07 21:14 Dec 3, 2007 by bikerchic: Breaking the law

roflmao

Dang those mods!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit