((Swan))

by onacruse 5 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

It was great talking with you tonight!

First and foremost, it's very gratifying to know that your hubby is on the heal from his recently diagnosed cancer. I could hear him in the background, and he certainly sounded like he was in good spirits (even if he is a bit of a raspy old fellow LOL).

Secondly, for those of you who might not know Swan, I'd like to say that she is one sharp lady who's been 'around the block' in ways that bring a tear to your eye. She hasn't posted here much lately, but, trust me, she has a depth to her that belies her humble character.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Glad for the good news about Swan's husband.

Thanks for sharing this, ona.

• Mulan
    Mulan

she is a sweetheart...............I've been missing her too.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey Tammy!

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you too tonight, that Craig is such a phone hog!

You take care and give Jim a hug for me.

• Swan
    Swan

Onacruse, it was great talking to you too! It was interesting swapping stories about the local JW community. It fills in a lot of gaps for me and explains some things I wasn't privy to. It is funny how these various incidents in the congregations lead to policies and restrictions that affect your life, but they don't want the rank and file to know any of the details. If you are not in the grapevine, you are out of the loop and left wondering. Of course, wondering is a good thing, because it eventually leads some people to wonder why they even put up with such tight-cheeked control freaks that those "taking the lead" frequently are.

BikerChic, I'm glad you got my card. Maybe we can connect sometime soon when you have the phone all to yourself. Are you at the same number?

Mulan, I have been missing you and your family too. You folks are such neat people. I suppose the grandkids are really growing.

BTW, Onacruse, did you notice that the Donald Amy letter from the CD appeared in the background of that NBC News segment?

Tammy

• onacruse
    onacruse
    did you notice that the Donald Amy letter from the CD appeared in the background of that NBC News segment?

Actually, though I saw it, I didn't recognize it. Bruce pointed it out to me, and then we talked a bit about the "Amy" factor . I'm expecting our copy of Barbara's CD today or tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit