i need to know a scripture

by looloo 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• looloo
    looloo

about if anyone says prophesys in my name and they dont come true do not listen to them they are not from me . can anyone help i think it in john

• snowbird
    snowbird

Is this what you have in mind?

Deuteronomy 18:15 Jehovah thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken; 18:16 according to all that thou desiredst of Jehovah thy God in Horeb in the day of the assembly, saying, Let me not hear again the voice of Jehovah my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not. 18:17 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18:18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. 18:19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

18:20 But the prophet, that shall speak a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die. 18:21 And if thou say in thy heart, How shall we know the word which Jehovah hath not spoken? 18:22 when a prophet speaketh in the name of Jehovah, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which Jehovah hath not spoken: the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Sylvia

• looloo
    looloo

cheers sylvia thats the one , that was the one that finally set me free , dont remember it being read out parrot fashion at the hall though , cant imagine why lol

• snowbird
    snowbird

Of course it wasn't read with too much emphasis at the KH because it condemned the WTS outright.

It's so liberating to read the Bible without the WT's spin doctors dressing it up or down.

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

there's always this wee scripture too...... (Luke 21:8-9) 8 He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’(or we are the faithful and discreet slave...God's only organisation on earth) and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

• looloo
    looloo

thanx that good too, i remember one about having your ears tickled for people who left the truth , and something about a dog returning to its vomit for people who knew th truth and left it too because of cause you can not possibly lead a moral life unless you go to the local kingdom hall, considering some of the scum who go to my local kingdom hall aswell as a few decent folk too ,that is such a joke .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit