WHAT IF...WW1 HAD STARTED IN 1876

by badboy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

WOULD THE WT HAD DONE THINGS DIFFERENTLY?

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Oh, stop!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Oh, stop!

lol!

Apocolyptic groups find creative ways to get around their failures and miscalculations. They adapt and move on, sometimes even getting stronger along the way.

The dates don't matter as much as the concept that the group is at the center of the great cosmic purpose

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Oh, stop!

lol!

Apocolyptic groups find creative ways to get around their failures and miscalculations. They adapt and move on, sometimes even getting stronger along the way.

The dates don't matter as much as the concept that the group is at the center of the great cosmic purpose

• skin
    skin

Or any other year. Nothing major happened between 1874 - 1878 so they had to drop these dates. Out of all the dates they printed back then only 1914 had an hostoric event take place. So it means they were right.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Wow, skin, if I knew this 10 years ago...

After thoroughly thinking through all my doubts and such, the one and only thing that kept me hanging on was the 1914 prophesy. I just couldn't beleive that WWI happened that exact year. But then when nothing else made sense, I finally had to just chalk it up to coincidence that WWI happened in 1914.

But according to you they had a plethora of dates to choose from, and later just focused on the 1914. Wow.

Okay, interesting point after all. Now let's all get back to reality! :)

• badboy
    badboy

ACTUALLY I GOT MY FACTS WRONG.

I SHOULD HAVE SAID 1868.

THERE WAS A PLAN BY SOMEONE TO START A WAR, WHICH COULD HAVE BECOME A WORLD WAR.

HE GOT SHOT.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• Borgia
    Borgia

Sorry to say so, badboy, but..eh.... there have been mayor conflicts which could easily be called world war. And..eh...about doing things differently.....don't hold your breath.....these type of things have a ....certain....predictable way of going about.

Wt has bullshitted from it's inception. The same goes for all those end time sects and religions. As a case in point: the reformation was filled with groups holding expectations that have not come true.

Eventually, the end result is either they've become mainstream or they've disappeared in the margins of history after some decades or so.

WT is headed for the grave, they just do not know it, yet.

Cheers

Borgia

• badboy
    badboy

btttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit