14 year old JW dies without blood transfusion...

by under74 7 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

I put it in "friends" although I have not been here for a long time. It just happened today in Seattle. I'm wondering everyone's thoughts on this. http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_112907WAB_transfusion_boy_dies_SW.4e4b0d2f.html (please cut & paste) Also look up ABC news and Seattle times...or is it PI (owned by the same people...so same thing)

• under74
    under74

Sorry if this needs to go into another section and a moderator needs to move it...totally fine. I've been out of the forum loop a while.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_112907WAB_transfusion_boy_dies_SW.4e4b0d2f.html try this link. So unbelievably brainwashed. What would you call someone witholding adequate health care?

• fxdwg97
    fxdwg97

Plain and simple.........A Murderer.

• under74
    under74

Thanks for linking that...I got a mac and haven't been here for a while. I know he was brainwashed...but he was 14. I guess it just troubles me that it went as far as declaring the kid a "mature minor" in order to get it so he couldn't have a transfusion....It bothered me, so I thought I'd get on the site I haven't been to in a while and get some perspective from others.

• carla
    carla

Assisted suicide is what I would call it. Where I live a 14 yr old cannot consent to sex under any circumstances yet in this case this 14 yr old boy is able to make a life & death decision? insane.

• whyizit
    whyizit

I certainly hope the parents of this child intend to sue the WTS.

Too bad someone didn't give the kid a heads up on Leviticus 17:15-16. He could have had the blood transfusion, washed his clothes, washed himself, bee "clean" the next day, and then possibly lived out a full life with Jehovah's blessing!

What a cruel practice. I wonder how many JWs die every year because of this? Yet, they would probably criticize Jones, huh?!

• under74
    under74

I'm not sure how many whyzit. I'm sure a lot. I read he lived with his JW aunt and took on her beliefs. Don't know if anyone in the boy's life would be in a position to sue...he's one of those kids that falls through the cracks, you know. Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit