• erynw
    erynw

Spanking is barbaric.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Unless I'm the spankee?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes, I was going to ask if that applies to consenting adults as well.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Spanking should be outlawed everywhere. It goes against U.N. conventions. If you can't legally spank or hit an adult (who can defend self), why shouldn't it be illegal to hit society's most defenseless people?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Why couldnt this law have come into effect when I was a kid?????

• erynw
    erynw

That's how I know it's barbaric purps.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I am not a fan of the spank.

There are other ways to discipline a child and to get your message across. It just takes more work - more effort, but I believe the results are worthwhile.

Just my two cents.

The Oracle

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Good grief, just what we need, another law. That'll fix it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

A better way to persuade parents about the harm of spanking would be a series of public service commercials. Such commercials have worked in the past to help reduce drinking and driving, and smoking, and even littering.

Passing a law could be a double-edged sword. While it may stop some parents from acting violent with their children, how would it be enforced? Would children have to report their parents to the authorities? What if they were too intimidated to report abusive behavior? On the other hand, what if some children falsely reported their parents for some sort of revenge purpose? This type of legislation seems riddled with problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit