anti-witnessing

by Hortensia 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

since my first foray into anti-witnessing, admittedly not much of an effort, I have been looking for another chance but the witnesses haven't been out where I could spot them. Today, however, a couple of women were in front of the groc. store with a table with mags laid out on it. as it happens, I know them, former customers at my business, so I went over to say Hi and chat a bit. We had a nice conversation about my diet (lost a lot of weight) and they mentioned weight watchers. I said I just can't do weight watchers, and I tapped the WT really hard and said "I did too many years of this and I hope I never go to another meeting the rest of my life." They looked like a deer in the headlights (I could see them trying to figure out the whole litany of ideas - was she a JW? Was she DF? Why is she talking to us so nicely?).

I smiled nicely and carried on the rest of the conversation until they relaxed and could talk to me normally again. Then smiled and said goodbye, hope to see you soon, etc. The feeling I was trying to get across is "hey, you believe, I don't, we can still treat each other decently."

Not what Dawg would consider a good effort, maybe, but pretty good for someone like me.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Short and sweet. I like it!

Good job.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

That's too funny. Of course their mind was wheeling. Good job.

-Angela

• PEC
    PEC

So are you going for the death blow, next time, or what? Lisa called yesterday, to tell my cousin's hubby died, sounds like she is looking for an excuse to talk, buzzard food. I guess I should have talked about the NBC pedophile story, she was being so civil, I just didn't want to put her in brain dead mode.

Philip

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Good job.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

no, no death blow. I have a business to maintain and half my customers are JWs. So, no death blow - just some regular mild sedition. Tell Lisa I say hi, as if she cares.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

you did just fine. those jw's know you don't believe any longer. that pisses them off more than you think. you made a good point about losing weight and peddling wt mag's too long. john

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Hortensia- Any anti-witnessing is good. No matter how subtle ! Good job! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit