What is the number of JWs serving at ALL WTS holdings?

by nomoreguilt 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Please bear with me on this. As usual, which you will come to observe, I like to crunch numbers.How many of people are "employed" ahem, in this volunteer priveledge?

• onacruse
    onacruse

If you mean Bethelites, I think it's at about 13,000 worldwide (since the last downsizing).

*** w95 12/1 p. 30 "Where Does the Money Come From?" ***

One area where there has been unprecedented growth is in the nations in Eastern Europe that were subject to the former Soviet Union. How joyful was the progressive news that the work had opened up in these places! Now missionaries are being sent to many of these countries. New branches have been established in some lands, swelling the number of volunteer ministers who staff the worldwide Bethel family to over 15,000. Of course, branch buildings to house them have to be bought or constructed. Your contributions help to fill the need.

*** yb85 p. 58 North America Strides Forward ***

MORE ENCOURAGING THEOCRATIC DEVELOPMENTS

Meeting the Needs for the Field: To help meet the field needs of Jehovah’s army of witnesses, the Society increased the number of Bethel family members by 9.9 percent, for a total of 7,233 worldwide.

*** w62 1/1 p. 26 Be Imitators of Christ and Show Your Courage ***

In order to keep up with the worldwide demand for literature the Bethel families have grown to 1,376 members in number.

Edit to add: Up through 2001 is the latest info to which I have access.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit