Why I love driving in Dallas traffic

by MegaDude 7 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

You know, driving in this city is much like an obstacle course. Almost everybody drives fast. I like that. But, of course, we have our bad drivers: Mr. Cell Phone who drifts into my lane at 50 miles an hour when I'm doing 70 and doesn't even see me, women who are slapping on makeup and checking their face in the mirror while screaming and cursing drivers try to get around her, and then the dude that has to risk the lives of everybody in his surroundings so he can cut one car ahead in the next lane and narrowly misses causing a pile-up involving 10 cars. I used to like to chase this last type of person with my car and return the favor. Not anymore. All of this I can handle.

Today was a new one! I was blazing 80 miles an hour down the highway on my way to work and there's a big Oak Farms Dairy Truck in front of me. Before I realize it, I'm being showered with ....MILK!!! That's right! Milk was pouring out of the back of the truck like water from a firehose. Before I could back off, my car was showered with a fine homogenized USDA white dairy coating. You can imagine the mess when I turned on the wipers.

I've dodged many things in Dallas traffic: other drivers, a couch, people running across the highway, chairs, ladders that have fallen off trucks, tires, a chester drawer at least twice in the last five years, and once an entire dinette set, but this was the first time I've been "milked" by a truck. Sheesh!

"The God that comes before skepticism may bear little resemblence to the God that comes after."

M. Scott Peck (The Road Less Traveled)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOLOLOLOL-at least it wasn't a johnny on the spot emptier.

ashi

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

megadude, hil-f-ing-arious!!! would have loved to seen that!

thanks for the laugh!

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• Xena
    Xena

Got Milk?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Gotta Love LBJ Freeway............NOT! I hated driving that road with a passion.

The milk story was priceless.

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Why don't you cry about it?

I like your new tag line.

• teejay
    teejay

There's only one highway in the world worse than LBJ: Central Expressway.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Central Xway is big, phat, and plush nowadays, TJ. It flows like words off an apostates tongue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit