Great decorating idea for Christmas trees.

by restrangled 1 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Here is the link: http://www.amazing-christmas-ideas.com/christmas-tree-decorating-birds-beads.html

I don't have birds, but I do have sparkley snow flakes and have been hanging them from the ceiling today over our tree. It couldn't be more charming.

r.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I found one way to light up a Christmas tree that will have spectacular results. Warning: You could use as many as 80 boxes of lights if you take this to the extreme, so be ready. First, start the string of lights at the base of the first branch. Run the string to the tip of the branch, secure it there and run it back to the base. You might also run it up some or all the greens as well (if you run it up all the greens, that's when you might use 80 boxes of lights and have one massively spectacular Christmas tree). Then, work up the next branch on that level and repeat with all the branches. The tree will have the glowing appearance from within.

Of course, you might prefer a sparsely lit tree. That being the case, you might choose just to wrap the strings around the tree to give you the effect you prefer. You might also like a tree that has an additional layer of clear lights in the center with colored ones near the edges. Colors are all a matter of personal preference.

The other ornaments are also personal preference matters. Many people prefer a tree that is all one color; others might mix it up. My idea of a Christmas tree is one that has so many different types and numbers of ornaments that there is scarcely room for another. Again, you can provide an interesting effect if you put your old or crap ornaments in the center of the tree. Showcase ornaments go on the outside. There should be a ratio of 2 plain ornaments to one showcase ornament--this, too, is up to the individual. I prefer shiny bulbs and Santas, crosses, and stars that refract the lights. However, bright red poinsettias and bows can also be used. Just use whatever you see fit.

Garland is another personal preference matter. I prefer tinsel garland. Many people like beaded garland. There is a new trend in starting from the top with ribbon and going straight down the tree, looping it into the tree itself from time to time, and doing this on several sides. You can mix and match to your tastes.

The tops are varied. I have a star with LEDs that change color. Many have other types of stars, angels, snowflakes, and even bows. These can be lit or not. The only rule is that it cannot be so heavy that it busts the top green of the tree, and the whole thing has to fit in the room you intend to set it up in. Also, for electrical reasons, I recommend having ample outlets and never setting more than three standard strings of lights in series (more might be OK if you are using LEDs). If you break that rule, you might end up with blown fuses and a potential hazard. And there's nothing that would make the Witlesses laugh more than seeing your house go up in flames because you put too many Christmas lights on one circuit. LEDs are safer because they draw much less current.

The only rules are that the tree has to fit in the area you want to put it (no putting a 9-foot tree in a room with a 7-foot ceiling). Natural cut trees need to be kept watered, so make sure you have access for this. Be sure to observe the limits on stringing lights (especially with standard sets). Stacking them is safer. The tree has to be able to stand straight and not dump because of the weight of the ornaments, and the top green cannot be weighted with a very heavy top that might break it. Aside these things, your imagination is the limit.

Oh yes, and if you have a rotating Christmas tree, make sure you keep it away from the curtains. And turn off the motion when not attended if it's anywhere near anything that might get tangled up in it. Failure to do this may result in having curtains or other matter tangled up in it. And that's not the kind of ornaments you want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit