An Illustration

by ldrnomo 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

This is an illustration all should be familier with it's actually a childrens story.

The Characters:

The Emperor= Watchtower Bible and Tract Society IE Governing Body (GB)

The clothing= Watchtower and Awake and other 192 page books as well as a NWT

The Tailor= Fredrick Franz

The Little boy= Raymond Franz

The Soldiers= Company men Elders

The crowd= The Rank and File Jehovah's Witnesses

There once was an Emperor who wanted to stand out as the most important Emperor in the world in fact when he paraded in front of his people he wanted to be admired and respected. So he set out to have someone sew him a fine set of new clothes somthing that would be original and would show his people and the world that he was the greatest of all the emporers.

Now a gentle old tailor hearing of this raised one of his crafty eyebrows and thought to himself that he could weave a set of clothes that would certainly make the emperor stand out as different in front of his subjects. He approached the emperor and told him he had the most beutiful threads for which to tailor the emperor the finest clothes imaginable. The emperor was anxious to see these threads so the tailor reached in his box and pulled what looked to be an empty spindle but he began unwinding the spindle. As the emperor looked on he was amazed he could not see the thread so he told the tailor and the tailor said "why that's because it's so beutiful that only those with a special minds eye can see it." The emperor thought a moment and finally said "yes, I see it, it's beutiful and I want you to weave a set of clothes for me and you can have anything in my kingdom".

The tailor knew exactly what he wanted he told the emperor that he wanted to be taken care of for the rest of his life in the kings castle. The emperor agreed and so the tailor began weaving. Clothing after clothing to the end of such clothing there was none he wove typical prophicies and anti-typical prophicies as well doctrine after doctrine and rule after rule. The emperor was delighted and everytime he would parade through the kingdom he would be wearing the clothes the tailor made. The crowds would go wild they would applaud him and shout, you are truly the one who is approved. but one day a small boy who was looking on and also shouting for joy realized that the emperor was actually naked and being an honest and fine young man he shouted out, "The emporer has no clothes on he is really naked" The crowd hushed they looked at the boy with astonishment and the soldiers immediatly arrested the boy and brought him to the dungeon to silence him. This scared the crowd so they again looked at the emperor and shouted praise for his wonderful suit of clothes. The emperor continued marching through the crowds with great pride and love for himself.

The end

• martinwellborne
    martinwellborne

this ilustrative fairy stoy comes in so handy in many walks of life

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I like your story! It really shows how ego, ( The kings)_ and fear, the (Rank and files) can distort perspective. Jwd is, in a collective sense, the little boy trying to tell both of these parties the truth. The only difference is that little boy lost his innocence. He has become a man and sees with weary eyes the futility of the matter.

In this case regarding the governing body, as a collective its not the clothes that are invisible. It is the intentions and evasiveness that make them useen. The org. has structured itself so that there is literally no ass to kick and no neck to choke. The society has an invisble cloak in the sense that it has woven itself into the fabric of our society. Legally and family wise. It is the truth that will make them really naked.

I suspect many more folks will be hurt, before the day they collectively realize, it is they that really have the power. ( Edited for further clarity)

• White Dove
    White Dove

This fits so well! It's amazing what we see when we are told what to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit