Elders: Help for research about Reporting Child Molestation

by tooktheredpill 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

If any of the people reading this is an Elder too, please help me to do some research.

The only letter that I've found to all the bodies of Elders about this matter is dated Feb 15, 2002. In page 4, it has a section titled "Reminders regarding the handling of cases involving child abuse". It says mostly to "call the Legal Department for assistance". It says that child abuse is a crime, but it doesn't specify that the authorities should be called. It says: "Never suggest to anyone that they should not report the matters to the authorities".

The other letter that I have in my possession about this issue was sent to Spanish congregations, and it was dated March 14,1997. It doesn't say ANYTHING about reporting to the authorities. Just to use the "Special Blue" envelopes to inform the WT about anything similar in the congregation.

Check this link: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Sections/TVNews/Nightly%20News/2007/11-Nov/reportinglaws.pdf. It is titled "Clergy as Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect"

I think that the letter posted by the WT in their website is deceiving. As an Elder, I've never received specific directives to report child abuse to the authorities.

Any help will be appreciated.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Hi!

I hope some elders or ex-elders get the message! I am just a ms so i don't have access to holy sh... tuff

• slmdf
    slmdf

Take a look at this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/147141/1.ashx

The only real direction from the society in letters is to contact the legal department IMMEDIATELY if there are allegations of child abuse. Legal is to be notified without delay - 24 hours a day - they have someone available.

Of course, there's all the "comfort the alleged victim" crap and NOWHERE does it say to contact authorities. The only instruction is to CALL LEGAL. That's it.

• tula
    tula

1906 Two of the key early Watchtower Society leaders were Bundy's. These were Walter H. Bundy, who went with Charles Taze Russell to Great Britain on his May 29-31, 1909 trip, and Edwin Bundy who worked at the Bethel Headquarters at the turn of the century and traveled around the U.S. for the Watchtower Society from 1906 to 1910.

1906 This testimony was given by Mrs. Russell on direct examination on Thursday, April 26, 1906 from a suit for a separation brought by Martha (sic) F. Russell against Charles Taze Russell, her husband, popularly known as Pastor Russell Then he said, "I am like a jellyfish. I float around here and there. I touch this one and that one, and if she responds I take her to me, and if not, I float on to others"; and she wrote that out so that I could remember it for sure when I would speak to him about it. And he confessed that he said those things. Founder of Jehovah's witnesses: CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL- CHILD MOLESTER!

From actual Brooklyn, New York, USA newspaper article about C.T.Russell, founder of Jehovah's Witnesses)

OCTOBER 29, 1911

GIRL KISSED PASTOR AND SAT ON HIS KNEE

But Mr. Russell at the Tabernacle: Only Submitted to it to be Kind.

MAY HAVE FELT HER PULSE

He Sometimes Ministered to the Sick, Locked in Another Girls Room Innocently.

(Special to The Eagle)

Illuminati History 1901-1970 These were Walter H. Bundy, who went with Charles Taze Russell to Great Britain .... Table that ultimately orchestrates the network of the Bilderberg Group, ... www.geocities.com/lord_visionary/illuminatihistory...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit