Not dead, since 1975!

by MikeA 5 Replies latest jw friends

• MikeA
    MikeA

How about you folks? Any of you die in the great armageddon of 1975? I was an apostate 4 years prior to this marvelous date...... wonder why someone saw fit to keep me alive til today?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Maybe armageddon happened invisibly in 1975... just like Jesus' arrival in 1914 ???

Welcome aboard

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

1975 woke up my thinking process because I got that funny feeling in the head that told me we had been lied to. Now it seems they are pulling the same stunt again saying the end is son near.

• Mum
    Mum

Gee, Mike, you've been out longer than I have! Good on you! I left in 1979, being forced to entertain the possibility that I might actually have to live in the real world and needing to acquire the skills to do so.

Regards,

SandraC

• MikeA
    MikeA

Thanks Alpha! Hey, maybe you are right. I mean, if we can have an invisible return of Jesus, then why not an invisible armageddon....... it happened when we weren't looking, see? LOL! Actually, one of the very first things that got me to thinking about the "rightness" of this religion was that 1914 (or WWI) was NOT a world war. Not really. It was tragic, as are all wars (trust me, I know what I am talking about on that issue..... I'll elaborate later), but it was nowhere near the earth-shattering impact of WWII. It was like night and day. So I began to wonder about this and why it was that 1914 was so important. Of course, I was still thinking, if you want to call it that, like a witness, but as I said in another post, my mom made a deadly mistake a long time before I got out..... but it stuck with me for the whole time (and still does)...... she said, "THINK!" Uh, oh..... now you went and did it! :) I love ya mom! More than you could ever know!

• justhuman
    justhuman

Welcome, I was only 7 at that time and I recall all the anxiety for 1975....well I.m 40 and nothing happened yet. So I'm waiting for the next date of the big A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit