Kingdumb Hall building denied

by sacrebleu 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

In Conn. the planning and zoning committee denied the local JWs a new KH. Oh boo hoo.

http://www.connpost.com/localnews/ci_7502157

Hope the link works.

sacreblue

• prophecor
    prophecor

Seems like one of those 3/5th rulings that used to govern our lives are now governing thiers. Ironic. the ruling against them was actually with more votes for, but still not enough to settle the accounts. Intresting verdict.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good. The last thing we need is more Kingdumb Hells. That seems to be the only excitement they have--to have a new building to meet in. Seems to draw more people in for the novelty of the building, but there is no substance to what they have to offer.

I hope this refusal becomes widespread. I don't want every other building in my town or city to be a Kingdumb Hell. Besides, I wonder what they are going to do when members leave or stop donating, and the place gets foreclosed on. That's the kind of thread I like seeing--when the Kingdumb Hells get foreclosed on because, when they voted on it there were close to 100 in attendance but the attendance drops into the teens with donations dropping into the $100 and less per month range.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The less halls there are the better imo. Just another way to have the society accumulate more wealth, get volunteers to do the work free loan them the money to pay for the property, materials, fees, etc. And them charge them interest on money that has been donated just for that. What a scam. Hope they don't get on appeal either. the hell with them.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

300 seats with only 75 parking spaces? Does every JW family have 2 kids? or will people car pool?

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is persecution!!!

• VM44
    VM44

That is persecution!!!

What would be persecution would be allowing the Kingdom Hall to be built!

That would be persecution of the entire neighborhood!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit