Looks like a great book, "What is so great about Christianity?"

by BurnTheShips 4 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am going to orderit:

http://www.amazon.com/Whats-So-Great-About-Christianity/dp/1596985178/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195479248&sr=1-1

It's by Dinesh D'Souza. It got great reviews. Has anyone here read any C.S Lewis?

• Rooster
    Rooster

Never heard of it..

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

It just came out last month.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Richard Dawkins gets called out to debate by Dinesh D'Souza and refuses!!

I’d like the opportunity to debate Dawkins. I think I can vindicate a rational and scientific argument for religion against his irrational and unscientific prejudice. When I wrote Dawkins to propose such a debate, however, Dawkins said that “upon reflection” he decided against it. He didn’t give a reason, and there is no reason.

In his writings on religion, Dawkins presents atheism as the side of reason and evidence, and religion as the side of “blind faith.” So what’s he afraid of? How can reason possibly lose in a contest with ignorance and superstition? I have written Dawkins back offering him the most favorable terms: a debate on a secular campus like Berkeley rather than a church, with atheist Michael Shermer as the moderator, and a donor ready and willing to pay both our fees.

So I hope Dawkins takes me up on my challenge to an intellectual joust. If you want to encourage him, write Dawkins and send the email to [email protected]. I’ll forward your thoughts to our wavering atheist knight. He may want to pattern atheism on the gay rights movement, but surely he doesn’t want the world to think that he’s a sissy.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DineshDSouza/2007/11/12/are_atheists_the_new_gays&Comments=true

I know a lot of people on this board have read Dawkins. He is pretty much on the forefront of the antitheist movement, I am surprised he is unwilling to take up the torch, especially since it should be easy for him to smash D'Souza (supposedly), especially since atheism is the "only" logical posture.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This is a great debate, I watched it on Saturday, D'Souza basically trounces Christopher Hitchens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit