RBC's and money.

by ush419 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ush419
    ush419

It was mentioned in the comments that RBC's were having people sign something or other that meant that they would sign over all check from their insurance companies (if they had one) over to the Society. Do We have any out there on the board who have had first hand experience with this, or who have served on an RBC or worked on repairing others houses who heard it mentioned about giving the insurance monies to the WWW? iF SO PLEEASEEEEEE post and let the rest of us know.

• ush419
    ush419

What no experience here on the board with RBC's??? I find this hard to believe. There should be someone out there who has had this experience if true? I don't dobut its true for an instance as I don't trust the society as far as i can throw it.

• blondie
    blondie

A brother in our congregation went down to Texas to work on repairing/rebuildilng homes for jws. He came back and told us that indeed those who were helped were expected to sign over their insurance checks to the WTS. The point is that these jws did not have much choice as to what materials and how their homes were built. It is sort of like the 5 style choice for KHs that is offered. It is not the same when you take your own money and hire a contractor to build to your personal specifications.

Blondie

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

RBC's are regional building commiittees,

Blonde, thanks for that info, I have heard it in the past and like ush, I would really like to know what is going on with that. I will try and see what I can find out from this end. I had a doctor friend who was in Lousiana after Katrina helping where he could and then also in Texas and he didn't have much good to say about witnesses. In fact he hardly seen any or heard about them and what he did hear and see IHO wasn't very flattering. Different sides to each story I suppose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit