WHAT WOULD YOU WRITE ?????

by vitty 8 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I have a JW family member coming to stay. Im sure they will look on my bookcase where I will leave my CoC copy. I wanted to write something inside to compel them to read it and not just close it in fear !!

I thought something quoted by the WT that could be turned round on them.................but I can find anything. I thought of the one about investigating ones religion............but I cant find that either.

What would you write if you had an opportunity for a JW to read Crisis of conscience ???

• *summer*
    *summer*

1John 4:1

"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

*summer*

• carla
    carla

It is not a form of religious persecution for anyone to say or show that another religion is false. It is not relgious persecution for an informed person to expose publically a certain relgion is false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion. WT 11-15-63 p688

Aug 1950 p263 WT invites critical examination of its content

• carla
    carla

One of the best ways of enslaving a people is to keep them from education. The second way of enslaving people is to suppress the source of information, not only by burning books but by controlling all the ways in which ideas are transmitted. Eleanor Roosevelt May 11, 1943

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Awake 8/8/88, "Is Your Religion a Matter of Choice or Chance?"

I don't have the WT Library on this computer or I'd find it for you... Is that the mag you were looking for?

GGG

• *summer*
    *summer*

Another one...

"By clever and persevering use of propaganda even heaven can be represented as hell to the people, and conversely the most wretched life as paradise."

Adolf Hitler - Mein Kampf

• Maddie
    Maddie

HI VITTY

I found this under the heading of "Spiritual Experience" in the Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery Book.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

By Herbert Spencer

Maddie

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow, "contempt prior to investigation." I really like that phrase!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

You did not say why you are getting this visit. My JW witness friend as I know now, just visited me to fill in his time card. I never even once tried to explain my concern with false worship. I recently explained however that our discussions had to come to an end because of what I discovered here and elsewhere. BUT not once did I ever go to his home to badger him about the evil society. That is the difference between him and myself. I am free-he is a drone, so why behave the way they do, unless your family member expresses self doubt. As I mentioned recently, you never see athiests, or agnostics, or even disgruntled religious people buzzing around other peoples doors. If they ask for spiritual help, do your best, but why stoop to their tactics?

I hope this helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit