Book - Parenting Beyond Belief: On raising caring ethical children without

by kwintestal 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Book - Parenting Beyond Belief: On raising caring ethical children without religion.

I just wanted to point out this book to other JWDr's. I just finished reading it last week and I thought it would be good to post on here, not only for Atheist or secular parents, but also those in "religious limbo" for example those who have just left a religion and don't want to join another and don't necessarily know what or how to explain things to their kids.

It is comprised of a series of essays by various intellectuals and covers various subjects such as religious tolerance and education, encouraging your children to think and explore their thoughts, holidays and how to handle them, how to explain the "big questions" and ways to seek community.

Personally, I think that the book kind of pushes Universal Unitarianism in several points throughout. It's subtle pushing but it's there none-the-less, but other then that it's actually put together very well. It also has some great references and links to look up.

Kwin

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hogwash!

Morality is meaningless without a religion to define it.

Take your atheist propaganda and kindly peddle it elsewhere!

Thanks, Kwin.

Sounds like a good read.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

It was a good read, that's why I reccomend it.

Kwin

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Thanks for posting this. My mom is now raising my nephew and he's attending a private christian school. My mom is in a weird place at the moment, she's not a JW but very much a bible believer. My nephew loves South Park, but realistically that's not the best medium for learning things.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for the review. I ordered my copy last week. Can't wait to get it. The wife and I are struggling with these issues now.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks for the reminder - somebody also mentioned it in a thread - I think I might just go and get myself a copy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit