Lurking Jehovah's Witnesses - Come Defend your Beliefs Part II

by KW13 1 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

If you read this as a Jehovah's Witness and fail to reply, either you know in your hearts that your Organization doesn't speak the truth or you are in denial. If you are here, why? If its to divide then you are not a Christian, if its out of curiousity then i hope you find the answers you are looking for.

The Watchtower Society have tried to 'fix' what doesn't need fixing. All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for TEACHING - If its beneficial for Teaching on its own merit, why does it need The Watchtower/Awake and other Literature? No matter what we try to do, we will only weaken the message.

Listen to how the Society's literature is described 'Bible Based'. This is a license to do as they please, because it isn't just biblical, it is 'Bible Based'. Built on top of the Bible, not part of it. It is an extension. I am not on about motive, i am on about the results of our actions.

------

2 Timothy 2:15 - Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

That scripture isn't speaking to a 'group' or an organized structure but rather individuals. The Watchtower Society can never fit the criteria sent because they claim that they are necessary to have a relationship with God when the Bible clearly states the only way to God is through Christ Jesus. (Read John 14:6 without your tinted glasses on).

1 Timothy 2:5 - For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. Pretty clear isn't it.

----

In the 1920's Judge Rutherford said;

As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized." How would it be recognized? What event would trigger the ushering in of the kingdom?

Rutherford explained, "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection" (Read your Proclaimers book, it tells at least half the Story - it fails to include Beth Sarim).

So confident and confused was Judge Rutherford that a house called Beth Sarim was built for these Prophets in preparation for their resurrection. It was built as a testament to the world but instead served to be an embarrassing reminder.

Now if i claimed something was going to happen and it failed to occur, not only have i attempted to prophesy i have also failed in doing so. You'll hear many Jehovah's Witnesses call Prophecy 'History Written in Advance' with such faith in these things. However in this case one thing is clear, nothing happened. The faithful prophets to my knowledge have failed to appear.

Lets go to Deuteronomy 18:21-22;

You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

The Watchtower Society deserves NO respect and it holds no authority. There is no excuse for failed prophecy. New Light doesn't Contradict Old Light, it adds to it. If i preached what the Society preached 100 years ago now as a Jehovah's Witness i'd be disfellowshipped at best. In 1919 the Society claim that Jesus selected them as his earthly representatives, therefore when they speak they do so 'on behalf of jesus' or in his name.

Now i know you like to think that 1914 was the Original date predicted for when Christ began ruling invisibly in heaven but unfortunately that is a lie too. This was infact done in the late 1800's and 1914 was supposed to be the day when everyone went into heaven, but lets say the Society did have it right; what does that mean?

Matthew 7:22-23

Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

When you Witnesses believe that the helper Jesus said was sent in his absence isnt granted to you in the same way as it was back then, you deny yourself the ability to truly accept Christ is Lord.

Spiritual Gifts in the Bible varied from Speaking in Tongues, Healing, Prophesy (which we know the Society is still mastering) and more. In the same Scripture where we read about Spiritual Gifts in 1 Corthinthians 12:1-3 it says;

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.

You know that when you were pagans, you were led astray to the mute idols, however you were led.

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

---

What does Verse 3 say? "and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit". So since you deny yourself the true power and gifts of the spirit, you also deny yourself Jesus Christ. Its there in black and white.

When Witnesses say 'people in tongues speak babble' they fail to appreciate that actually, the speaking of tongues was manifest either in the tongues of other nations or in the tongues of angels; and that it would on occasion require a speaker and a translator for these tongues.

1 Corinthians 13:1 - If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Corinthians 14:9-13 but focus on 12 & 13 which i quoted - So also you, since you are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek to abound for the edification of the church. Therefore let one who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

KW13,

I surrender. I am convinced that we don't have the truth.

The "truth" is indefensible.

In fact it is embarassingly foolish from A to Z. It's sad but true.

What the hell - time to start living life and looking on the bright side!!

We may as well take down the evil WTS and free some innocent minds while we're at it. Suddenly life is good.

Peace out!

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit