Honda FCX Clarity - hydrogen powered car coming in 2008

by Jourles 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

If you live in the SoCal area and $600 a month for a lease is chump change to you, Honda will be offering a new hydrogen powered car in mid-2008.

Just imagine the implications to the entire automotive industry, not to mention the OIL industry, once this technology becomes more commonplace. The car's range is roughly 270 miles. Of course, the hydrogen fuel infrastructure needs to be built out, so this may take an act of God to accomplish if the oil companies have anything to say about it.

http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Jourles, of the Honda whore class

Proud owner of a Honda Accord and Honda Sabre

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Being that I'm a very non-mechanically minded girl... could you please explain to me what this:

Of course, the hydrogen fuel infrastructure needs to be built out, so this may take an act of God to accomplish if the oil companies have anything to say about it.

means?

In my best lilting helpless girl voice: I would just appreciate it ever so much if you could help me out and explain all the technical doohickey stuff to me.

Jackie

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

TS:

You go to a gas station to fill up with gasoline.

If you have a hydrogen powered car, where to you get the hydrogen from?

Basically, we need more hydrogen stations to make the technology more convenient to the masses.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    TS:

You go to a gas station to fill up with gasoline.

If you have a hydrogen powered car, where to you get the hydrogen from?

Basically, we need more hydrogen stations to make the technology more convenient to the masses.

Ah, it's all so clear now, thank you. And I should have figured that out. Thank you, kind sir, for your assistance ;) Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit