Using you position inside the Borg to help.

by outofthebox 3 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

I was reading this post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/146502/2651461/post.ashx#2651461

I'm still an Elder, and I have a college degree. Every time I hear a young witness saying that they are not going to college, I try to reason with them in the following way, and maybe it will help you too to make them think:

1) "If you have to provide for your family, how many hours a day you will have to work"? Answer: 8 to 9 hours.

2) As you WILL need to work at least 8 hours a day, what will make a difference in pay? Having an education!

3) If you don't go to college, you will probably earn a minimum wage. That will force you to work OVERTIME to pay for your expenses. "You will be sacrificing the time you need for the meetings/spiritual things then!" (Working during the nights or weekends)

4) "YOU are the one that decides if you want to earn $5.00 an hour, or $25.00 an hour". Go to college!

5) I always has a copy of the article from Awake!1969 May 22 p.15 in my suitcase. I show it as a last resort.

more ...

And then it hit me... Why not use the position we have (I am an MS) inside the Borg to help free some minds? Since some of us can't leave the Borg (because our family is captive) why don't use the 'powers' we have? What do you think?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well you have hit the nail on the head of why I am still in

• Open mind
    Open mind

You gotta, Fight from the inside
    Attack from the rear
    Fight from the inside
    You can't win with your hands tied
    Fight from the inside
    Fight from the inside
    Right down the line -

Queen

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

This is why I am still in.

While I am in I am going to fight for what is right.

I want to help free some minds (at least the nice people). The dickheads can stay in, and in fact, that is preferrable. LOL.

Promoting poste secondary education is high on my list.

As long as I am in a leadership role in the congregation I will not allow any negative talk regarding pursuing a college education - Watchtower, be damned.

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit