Connie Chung interviews two JW molestation victims.

by BrentR 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BrentR
    BrentR

The video is not the best but the sound is fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZpScLCMqEk

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Thank you -ve

• BrentR
    BrentR

That was aired back in 2002. Did anyone make a better recording of it at the time and could upload to to Youtube? I would love to send it to my JW mom.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This interview was about the same time as the 2002 "Dateline NBC" blew open the lid on the WTS pedophilia cover-ups. This was also followed by similar documentaries in the UK, Canada and Australia.

I talked to these two victims personally, and one of them posted here for a while back in 2002. They brought their case against the congregation, the JW guy who did this, and the WT Society. It was less for monetary compensation then it was about trying to expose the hideous practices of the WT Society in shielding pedophiles. (The JW was from a prominent family in Minnesota circuit #2. The last name is known in JW circles in central Minnesota.)

The WTS sent one of their crack lawyers to a courtroom here in Minnesota to deny their culpability, and to try to protect what they called "clergy privilege", i.e., that the information between the perpetrator and the congregation should (in their view) be kept confidential. The WTS won this particular case, sadly.

They couldn't care less about the two lives they devastated, the ones putting on a brave face in the CBS News interview.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit