They should pay

by dinah 6 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Just reading this board and seeing the effects of this religion makes me sick. Sure those who stay in, who are spiritually asleep (IMHO) are okay--but what about those of us who woke up? What about those of us who have anxiety issues? Those of us who didn't think we'd be here this long?

I think they should have to pay until they fix what they have broken, especially those of us who were born in. If you were an adult and fell for this, I just don't understand it.

They told me there was no reason to try and build a life here with the rest of HUMANITY. They told me if I didn't follow God's rules (adjusted to the WT rules) He would kill me in a bloody, merciless way. I never thought I'd make it to the 3rd grade!!!!!! Well, I guess the anger is boiling up again. Just damn them to hell. Oh yeah-----don't believe in that either.

Scenario: the whole ground opens up and swallows Bethel--complete with screams and babies.

Priceless

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Dinah,

The way I made them pay is by leaving them. I also post here because i enjoy it and to encourage and support those who are leaving.. I think like the saying goes " don't get mad get even".

I became JW when 18, as soon as thought it was wrong I went.

I think campaigning against them is the best way to get even as you and most do here.

They will never fix what they have broken they do not care

regards llbh

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    If you were an adult and fell for this, I just don't understand it.

Actually, it was quite easy to fall for it once upon a time. Before the Internet came around to everyone, people could take the litter-ature and read it. There was nothing to compare it with, and finding dissident material involved a search in the library or a Christian bookstore. Of course, the litter-ature bashed such sources as from Satan, so people would not bother making the physical trip to those places to find out more.

Besides this, the Suffer Forever book and its successors (and predecessors) made false promises. People were misled to believe that, if they did what those books said, that they would gain everlasting life on a paradise Earth. They intentionally left out the past failures for these promises to come true. You get in based on this, and soon you find yourself required to go to all the meetings and then spread the cancer to everyone else. Ultimately, you have to join the organization. Once there, you are not just discouraged from reading other sources--you are banned from reading them. Then nothing happens.

These days, there are still a few people without access to Internet. Those will still face the same hardships in comparing the scam. For most with Internet access, it is only a mouse click to all those sources that you need to compare with the books, not a physical trip to some demonized church store. But even so, there are still people that are getting scammed because they tend to jump before thoroughly researching the subject.

The motto is "Shame on you if you fool me once. Shame on me if you fool me twice." This applies to anyone that, after seeing the Watchtower as a scam, returns (aside those who return solely and exclusively for the sake of keeping families intact, which the Watchtower Society uses to keep people in that otherwise would have left or stayed out). That is why I cannot see why a person, having once been one of Jehovah's Witlesses and having left, and in the absence of family influence, would ever even think seriously about going back.

As for those who were scammed once, they definitely should pay. And they should pay even worse for those who were born into it, without a choice. Those people suffer the worst. They lose out on childhoods along with all the Christmas specials and after school events. And sometimes even the parents were born into it. Definitely, the Tower has to go.

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

I would say you live and learn and then get luvs but u cant get that time back. You cant go back in time and to tell someone that you really did care about them and your not going to allow religion to get in your way of real love. You cant tell a love one you lost sorry for missing your funeral I thought the demons were going to pull me in if I went inside the church. You just got to move on and start from strach. But your right revenge is a dish best serve cold.

• confused and lost
    confused and lost

(Ecclesiastes 1:15) . . .That which is made crooked cannot be made straight. . . Simple words but totally applicable to the WTS.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Victim mentality.

• Nulite
    Nulite

You are dead on Dinah. I'm with you 100%. You were born in like myself. I stayed in the fog for 36 years. The anger and resentment that I feel sometimes is quite overwhelming. I wish I would have seen the light sooner.

They will pay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit