Brother Jed

by hilannj 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hilannj
    hilannj

Brother Jed came to my college campus today. He and his partner told us all that we were going to hell for drinking and doing drugs. I don't get the guy, does he really think that he is going to save anyone telling them that they are going to hell with out even knowing what they do, There was one guy there who is an atheist, but the greatest part was that Brother Jed even made the Christians on campus mad, they felt they we being misrepresented by him, so they made signs that said WE ARE CHRISTIANS AND WE LOVE EVERYONE! I listened to the different sides of the arguments for about an hour and found it very entertaining. But the only thing that I was really convinced of was that maybe I don't want to be a Christian if that is how they act, and I think that is all that most of the rest of my campus thought as well.

• AnneB
    AnneB

Did he bring his wife and daughters with him?

UN-REAL. Those poor girls.

• hilannj
    hilannj

No, but he did have another lady with him, I hear that his daughters are really messed up.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Can you help me with context of this?

Is Brother Jed a witness? Is there a thread on him and his family? One poster seems to know something of his personal life but I'm lost.

Maybe it doesn't matter to the thread. But maybe it does.

Just asking.

-Aude.

• pseudoxristos
  • steve2
    steve2

There are Brother Jed's of one kind or another all over the world. If they're not threatening hell, they're threatening annihilation or no TV for a week. They can really get to you if you let them and it s ounds like he really got to you. Is there some connection you have with him that makes it important for you to have his approval? If not, shrug your shoulders , stick to your own values and get on with your own life.

Yes, it can be kind of annoying when earnest religious people tell you what they believe is going to happen to you if you don't do what they say. That's their job. Your job is to sort out what's important to you and let go all of the rest. Let it be.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

If this individual and his particular brand of bulls**t isn't going to be of importance to you a month from now, why let it bother you now? There are always going to be those who can piss ya off, but in reality how important are they in your scheme of things?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit