A better person

by solidergirl 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

I am a much better person outside the organization. A.) I respect my mom way more than I did while in the org. B.) I'm more open and truly listen when people tell me what they believe. C.) I care about where I am and what I'll be doing in the next 5, 10 and 15 years. D.) I truly believe that one day I'll fall in love now that I have a bigger field to pick from it don't hurt that I'm bi. But on the outside it looks like I'm doing worst A.) I got a tattoo on my arm OMG B.) I join the military and became an offical human hunter lol. C.) I smoke cig. from time to time. D.) I curse and don't give a shit of what other people think. So are you a better person too.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Soldiergirl -

I don't think I've read your other posts yet but wanted to say 'welcome'!

Interesting on the different perspectives in how jw's vs non-jws will view our changes. I agree with you completely. They think it's all bad but you know you are better for the changes.

Congrats on learning to become your own person at such a young age. My life is not bad but would be so completely different if I had woken up to the importance of autonomy early on.

Nice to have you join us.

-Aude Sapere. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Think for Yourself.)

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe you are now using your own heart and mind to form your own view of things which gives you real understanding and relationships you can submerse yourself in, which after all is experiencing human love for one another. It needs no rules and regulation. It is a freedom and natural. Amen.

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

Thanks Aude Sapere for the welcome. Your right R. Crusoe I am using my own heart. Some days I'll wake up and look at my own reflextion and ask myself who are you. I honestly didn't know who I was. Now I'm taking time to really get to know myself and be myself around other people.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    I am a much better person outside the organization. A.) I respect my mom way more than I did while in the org. B.) I'm more open and truly listen when people tell me what they believe. C.) I care about where I am and what I'll be doing in the next 5, 10 and 15 years. D.) I truly believe that one day I'll fall in love now that I have a bigger field to pick from it don't hurt that I'm bi. But on the outside it looks like I'm doing worst A.) I got a tattoo on my arm OMG B.) I join the military and became an offical human hunter lol. C.) I smoke cig. from time to time. D.) I curse and don't give a shit of what other people think. So are you a better person too.

I have become more open and listen to other people's beliefs without judging them. I respect why they believe the way they do, even if I don't believe the same.

I am taking better care of myself and enjoying the present. The future will come no matter what you do, whatever it brings. I've just decided to enjoy the present.

I used to smoke from time to time, but I stopped because I, me, myself, wanted to, not because I will be shunned or destroyed in Armageddon if somebody catches me doing it.

I curse, too. Not too much, just when I get very angry.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

welcome..............glad ta have ya

i can honestly lie and say none of us *&^%$$ *&^%$#@ curse here. so watch your *&^%$#@ language lol

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

I am definitely a better person.

When I was a JW, the only thing to do is to preach , attend meetings and wait for the big A.

But now I have many things to think about and to do. My career and my future,

I have become more open and listen to other people's beliefs without judging them.

I agree totally.

Hahaha! u oso have tatoos. I have three. One on my right arm, one on my back and another on my thigh.

Cigarettes? b4 I become a witness I smoke occassionally when with my smoker friends. Stop when I was a witness. But started again when in the army. These few days I smoked a lot. 2 packs a day...

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

That funny we all can listen to others peoples beliefs without judgeing them. You think thats because right before we left we all were judge in the worst way.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yes, you sure are a better person! So happy you respect your mom more now, you're more open-minded listening to all, knowing you can learn something from all people, have a plan A,B,C & D for your different stages/phases in life (not limited to a plan #1 only as done for JWs), 'bi' - don't much about that myself but better to love than to not have loved at all, tattoo, permanent physical thing but at least not branded in the scarred, cold heart of JWdom, smoking - well, I hope you quit, and I don't curse but who gives a **#! Take care, our 'soldiergirl' and best wishes!

c

• justhuman
    justhuman

I agree, I find also my self a better person...kind, peaceful, loving towards others no matter what religion, or colour they are...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit