Daily Text for Today

by purplesofa 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Monday, November 12

In

casemyownfatherandmyownmotherdidleaveme,evenJehovahhimselfwouldtakemeup.—Ps.27:10.

There is one particular aspect of the last days that we cannot overlook. The Bible foretold that many would have "no natural affection." (2 Tim. 3:3) Family affection is sorely lacking in many households. Those who have been exposed to an unwholesome home environment may in later years experience bouts of anxiety and despair. What if this is true of you? The psalmist David sang the words of today’s text. How comforting to know that Jehovah’s love exceeds that of any human parent! As painful as rejection, mistreatment, or abandonment by a parent may be, it has no bearing on how much Jehovah cares for you. (Rom. 8:38, 39) Remember that God draws those whom he loves. (John 3:16; 6:44) Regardless of how you have been treated by humans, you are loved by your heavenly Father! w7/15/06 14, 15b

I could not help but think of all the disfellowshipped JW kids that get shunned by their parents. Who is this text for? Worldly people that never get the Watchtowers daily texts?

purps

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here are Blondie's comments in her "Comments you won't hear at the WT Study" post for these paragraphs:

14) There is one particular aspect of the last days that we cannot overlook. The Bible foretold that many would have "no natural affection." (2 Timothy 3:3) Family affection is sorely lacking in many households. Indeed, "evidence suggests that people are more likely to be killed, physically assaulted, or emotionally or sexually abused by other family members than by anyone else," says the book Family Violence. "The place where people should be loved and feel safe is, for some adults and children, the most dangerous place of all." Those who have been exposed to an unwholesome home environment may in later years experience bouts of anxiety and despair. What if this is true of you?

No natural affection..more likely...sexually abused by other family members even JWs

www.silentlambs.org

http://www.virushead.net/vhrandom/index.php?tag=domestic-abuse

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/sexual-child-abuse/jw-parents-murder-their-daughter-by-hitting-her-160-times-with-a-5-foot-stretch-of-electrical-cable/

http://www.watchtowernews.org/familymurders.htm

Q15) How is Jehovah's love superior to that of any human?

15) The psalmist David sang: "In case my own father and my own mother did leave me, even Jehovah himself would take me up." (Psalm 27:10) How comforting to know that Jehovah's love exceeds that of any human parent! As painful as rejection, mistreatment, or abandonment by a parent may be, it has no bearing on how much Jehovah cares for you. (Romans 8:38, 39) Remember that God draws those whom he loves. (John 3:16; 6:44) Regardless of how you have been treated by humans, you are loved by your heavenly Father!

[Picture on page 29] Telephone witnessing is one way to give Jehovah your best

Jehovah's love exceeds that of any human parent--where's Jesus??????

Jehovah cares for you...God draws those...loved by your heavenly Father--where's Jesus

treated by humans--including JWs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Here is a little something more for the kiddos!

alt

• Gopher
    Gopher

1. These are the last days. -- A false assumption.

2. Bible foretold many would have "no natural affection". --- This has been true down through the ages, not just lately.

3. Family affection is sorely lacking in many households. -- Including very many JW households that I have observed.

4. Jehovah's love exceeds that of any human parent! -- You have to have a bright imagination to believe that one. How would we know that? Does Jehovah have a warm, fuzzy feeling inside -- how do we know?

5. In the last three sentences they repeat the mantra "Jehovah loves/cares for you". Say it over and over, like a chant, it's pure indoctrination. What empty words, designed to try to hold young JW's in the organization even though they have an uncaring JW family.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks gopher

Blondies WT reviews were awesome, miss them.

purps

• bobld
    bobld

We all should look at God Jehovah as an example of showing natural affection.Like drowning his offspring,raining fire on people,killing babies,confusing languages than favors one son over the other and kills those(promise land).Too many to list this evil father.

Bob

• choosing life
    choosing life

So they want us to have indoctrination sessions with our children about blood. Most kids and a lot of adults could not explain the 'blood doctrine" when it was much simpler. Now there just isn't a rational explanation. How can blood save your life?, that brochure has an easy answer-take it when there are no other options to save your life.

I always thought shunning fulfilled that scripture about being forsaken by your own parents. I thought I would never have to face such a situation, but I was way wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit