Chandelier at Patterson from the Lusitania?

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    http://members.shaw.ca/tt3/p/p.htm

"If you happen to get him as your guide ask him to tell you about the remarkable story of the chandelier in Patterson that came from the Lusitania and has buoyant crystals."

Can anyone confirm this is true or not? Would an item like this and from this moment in history be just a tiny bit expensive???

• Numinous
    Numinous

I took a look around at the expense and time it took to get just small items off of this ship...it was actualy auctioned at one point in 1967 and any valuable items were to belong to the Irish government. A man named Bemis had all kinds of problems getting an oportunity to go look at the ship and finally, in 1982, there was a salvage done with small items brought up. A pillow that was floating in the water with dead bodies is a big deal, so the idea of a chandelier being bought...I just don't think so. Next summer there will be another salvage of this ship. I wish I knew for sure, but...who knows.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I know just the place to ask. I suspect it's crap. The Lusitania wreck is in very bad shape, according to Bob Ballard its covered in fishing nets and the Irish Navy used it as a target for depth charge practice for years. I can't imagine anything like this surviving or being brought to the surface.

Hey, if anyone has the phone # for Patterson, call and ask for this kid who was the tour guide. Go to the link=he's mentioned by name!!!

• ronin1
    ronin1

My husband and I stayed as guests along with a bethelite couple at one of the Patterson inns years ago.

Yes this is true.

Ronin1

perhaps the bouyant crystals are what they are using to discern the 'New Light'. Perhaps the Lusitania Chandelier is the New Light!

"hey Lyman, when you leave, would you hit the New Light?"

"Hey buddy, got a new light?"

New Light Up My Life

"Got any New Light on tap?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit