Give us a hand would you?

by Celtic 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

This proposal is starting to drive me up the wall, I need a hand to deconstruct the content - any offers of help in writing skills?

Project Inlunarsun - An Umbrella Enabling Infrastructure Platform & Environmental Interactivity Learning Resource Centre of Excellence

When finally this proposal starts singing to me, then, only then, perhaps I will be happier.

Dear

If there is one thing that Cornwall and ObjectiveOne are really pushing for at the moment, it is for the creation of projects that provide cross cutting themes in cultural diversity across the county, projects that can deliver not just an innovatory approach, but also energising future change in the most positive of ways, across all sectors for the benefit of all communities.

I think for possibly too long now I have not been able to comprehend fully this complete vision, yet alone write about it clearly in precise language. How much I wish sometimes that I had the skill of a novelist or essayist to get this whole ruddy thing down on paper clearly, a solid foundation on which to follow through properly.

Cornwall, without a doubt might easily be the California of the country. So much creative arts, so much underground diversity, so many freelance artists, writers, poets, musicians, sculptors, visionaries, environmentalists and far more besides. Often in the past, such people have been forced to eke out a meagre living, the mainstream models of society not recognising the true latent worth of this dynamic community.

My project aims to be a catalyst of change within this area, building upon the ethos of energising innovative change through pro-active remodelling of the current status quo.

What is needed here in my belief is a sound solid springboard platform that aims to connect individuals together, to build upon partnerships, capacity building within the Cornish community, forging strong links towards future economic security and re-emergence as an excellent place in which to pursue environmental technologies business.

Cornwall needs to build upon the will and determination to build upon a solid foundation, a cutting edge environmental infrastructure, that enables those working within the project to deliver fully upon achievable objectives.

Have you seen anything yet about the Eden Project in St. Austell? It may well be worth checking out their website at www.edenproject.com

This projectionary project of mine is similar in some ways to the Eden Project, in that what I am trying to design is a new concept in public environmental educational awareness. This vision, I have now held since long before I had even heard of the Eden Project and is therefore completely my own original vision, not a remake or rehash of someone elses regenerative vision.

Where the Eden Project aims to be a showcase example of new geodesic design around creating rainforest and mediterranean climates within its glasshouse structures and also to 'be an unforgettable experience in an epic location, Eden is both an educational resource and environmental showcase; a gateway into the fascinating world of plants and people and a vibrant reminder of how we need each other for our mutual survival'.

I wish to demonstrate similar aims along further diverse themes.

Now please check out these two links: www.aecb.net and www.permaculture.co.uk

Upon the Association for Environmentally Conscious Building website, click on 'register', there you will see at the top of the page or thereabouts, a brief paragraph about my intention.

For education to be most effective it must also be fun. When individuals are having fun, this is when they tend to learn the most about experiences taken in. Very much I want to keep this in mind.

I also want to build within the project proposal the 'Wow'!! element, creating something astoundingly different, that sweeps people off their feet with excitement and new awareness.

Imagine now please if you can, a centre of worldwide excellence in environmental education, a centre built from sustainable materials, an assembly convention centre with a difference, not just another theme park. Too often today it seems to me that we are required to emulate only that which has taken place before without setting our own time signature, our own stamp upon design excellence relavant to the day and times within which we live.

The heart of the vision is to see the design and build of a public facility interconnected through all its various components. This building is to house various themes to promote overall the best standards that can be achieved in maintaining an ecological, holistic, whole purpose and toi make available within the project, platforms on which interconnectivity can take place that enables others to source easily transportable ideas out there to the regional, national and international marketplace for small micro businesses in alternative design technologies.

Another theme of this project is to promote extensively new forward uplifting thinking in environmental home improvements, all of which will be of a highly sustainable nature and totally practicable for members of the public visiting to implement within their own home build projects, with ongoing help, assistance and support along the way, customer sales of products, such as solar installation and back up services. Demonstrating another, often simple, enhancing way of approaching environmental design solutions to self build and home improvement problems.

This centre peice environment I wish to be built from completely local and/or recycled materials, not importing from outside the county wherever possible. The centre I imagine will play host to the following themes:

Sculptured acoustic water gardens

Public I.T. interactivity learning centre

Traditional old english craftmanship workshops / studios

Permaculture demonstration areas with particular emphasis upon recycling themes

Think tank in environmental solutions for sustained economic growth

International conference centre

Retreat and workshop courses (short away breaks)

Public access area for connections to the right advice centres for micro-businesses

Environmental examples in alternative building techniques

Research and public participation idea sharing area in alternative energies i.e. solar, wind, water turbines, deep heat, magnetism and steam power amongst others

Creative arts industries sector, theatre performances and music productions etc

Development of low cost energy efficient housing for local people, design and build.

Overall its about taking advantage of the opportunity of the present in combination with the structure of the past, finding innovative windows of vision by focussing on social trends to forecast future markets and then on an on-going basis articulate these into pro-active plans of action.

So now for a 'helicopter' mind visualisation ride through the scenery of the project, starting first with the....

Sculptured acoustic water gardens

The sculptured acoustic water garden is one of the mainstay's of the whole project implementation, a showpeice of shared imagination, working in harmony and balance with the four elements of nature, namely, earth, air, water and fire. In this garden and musical design masterpeice we are seeking to project a complimentary approah with nature in design principles. Not quite a theme park in its own right, rather, an imaginative educational experience with a difference.

See it as a journey of self discovery of all the senses, wakening to a new awareness through sound, colours, textures and scents etc

Please, imagine now if you can, sitting relaxed in the centre of this 21st century garden design of the future. From within the water features encompassing you, you are able to hear quite distinctly the playing in surround sound of a symphony in full orchastra. As you watch and pay attention to the finer details of the water movements, you become aware that the water element itself is being used artistically to create ripples, small wave rivulets and fountains that actually respond in time within the music played. A living architecture of sound composing its part within nature.

Part 2 posted shortly.

Any tips on my writing style? This is a first draft only and presently is awaiting deconstruction into simpler language forms for greatest effect in implementing same. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hope you enjoyed reading and getting a further insight into the inner workings of my mind.

Its good to be eccentric!!

celtic
    cornwall UK
    www.objectiveone.com

• tdogg
    tdogg

You keep spelling center wrong.You Brits act like you invented english or something.Oh, and for future reference, there is no 'u' in color, just ask any American.

• wallaby jack
    wallaby jack

Why do high brow, grammar challanged arty farty types think the world owes them a living while the truly talented just get on with life without any fanfare?

um .. perhaps that could be your final sentence.

wallaby jack

"it's a funny old world- Alexi Sales.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Whats the big deal you two guys?

So, a few words are spelt differently compared to the USA versions, so what? Is this the best you can offer?

And whats with the high brow thingy? I'm not looking for clarification of anything or judgementalism which it appears you are both quite adept at, enlighten me please do, as to the purpose of your points in answering the request in the way you did? I hardly see your point.

Its not about competition life you know, you just get on with things as you are able to at the time, what the hec are you going on about true talent for? What does that matter specificly?

You assholes.

celtic

• rem
    rem

Sounds like someone needs to hone his sarcasm detecting skills. Lighten up, dude! :)

rem

'A scientific opinion is one which there is some reason to believe is true; an unscientific opinion is one which is held for some reason other than its probable truth.' - Bertrand Russell

• Kent
    Kent

Don't bother, Celtic.

Americans don't know English, and most foreigners write better than many "native" Americans.

As for aussies, they just can't stand the thought of being booted from England many years ago :)

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• VoiceOfReason
    VoiceOfReason

I have heard many cries lately for someone to step in when things get too heated, and be the "voice of reason." I could not let those cries go unheard. Rather than send an emissary (who would probably only be stoned, anyway) I--the Voice of Reason--have decided to take matters into my own hand.

Tdogg was most assuredly joking.

It seems to me, the Voice of Reason, that he was using irony and playing the part of the arrogant 'mericun who thinks the universe revolves around the US of A. (We all know that's not true. The universe revolves around me, regardless of what country I'm in.)

Wallaby Jack, on the other hand, was actually defending you, Celtic! I believe Wallaby Jack is unclebruce's alter ego (I'm only the Voice of reason, I'm not omniscient) and he is a proud grammar-nazi nazi. Unless he was also joking, and playing along with tdogg, he was getting after tdogg for what he perceived to be an arrogant, grammar-nazi-type post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit