Will it end

by Phil 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Phil
    Phil

I recently passed on some sad news regarding my medical condition and the death of my daughter and later trip to Patterson for the funeral. Unfortunately the missfortune did not stop there. I recently got word that my sister was deathly ill and before I could get to her bedside she passed. On my return home I received a call from my brother-in- law that my brother had passed. I am now wondering when this will end. With my doctor's diagnosis of Leukemia in my body, it looks like I may be the next. Stay tuned. I am told that the median survival time after detection is about 24 weeks. Who knows? I will post my obit here.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm trully sorry to hear that Phil.

Are you undergoing any treatments? Is there any hope?

Please try to do all the doctors tell you and keep a positive outlook. I know that may sound glib, but in my experience a positive attitude can't hurt. You might surprise yourself.

changeling

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds like a lot to handle. So sorry for all the tragedy!

Are there treatments that can extend your life? I hear they have made a lot of advances treating leukemia, but I know there are many kinds.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry Phil - how sad! How are you feeling? Are you taking any treatment for the leukemia?

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Yipes that is a lot!!! I am sorry. I have a friend with Leuk. and she is really doing well thru diet and exercise. She was diagnosed about 3 years ago and is healthier than most people. There's hope .

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Holy Crap Phil!

So sorry!

My prayers are with you.

• penny2
    penny2

Wow, Phil, you have been through a lot - you must be feeling numb. Losing your daughter must have been the worst. Hope they will be able to help you with the leukemia and that you will see better days yet.

penny

• justhuman
    justhuman

Sorry mate

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Phil -

I remember your initial disclosure from May and as a cancer survivor myself (9-and-a-half years now) took your concerns about reaching out to your family one last time to heart.

Unfortunately I forgot your name so could not message you. Today another poster reminded me.

You sure have faced alot of sadness and disappointment in the past 6 months.

How are you personally doing? Mentally and Physically?? Are you in treatment??? If so, how is that progressing?

pm me if you prefer.

-Denise. aka Aude.

• Phil
    Phil

Thank you for all the words of encouragement. This forum is the best. I am taking injections of Procrit for the Leukemia. THere does not seem to be any effect on my condition. I will not be able to take this forever as I will probably go broke before too long. The cost is about $8000 per year. Does anybody know where I can get this med at a discount.

My family is not nearby but I am getting a lot of support from friends. Mentally I am OK. THe worse time is at night where I can think, just before falling asleep. TIME DOES CURE ALL.

Hortensia, love and kisses to you for your warm thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit