UN-Beast in the abyss twice?

by GermanXJW 3 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction." (Revelation 17:8a)

Are you all aware that the wild beast must have been in the abyss twice?

In Light II (1930), J.F. Rutherford explained:
    "This “beast” is the satanic organization made up of the ruling classes of the nations of “Christendom’’, particularly having for its
    claim and purpose the prevention of war. It came into existence in 1899 and functioned until the World War. It then went into the abyss and ceased to function. After the World War it came out of the abyss
    or pit and began to function again in the form of the
    League of Nations. The World Court and the League of Nations are one and the same organisation." (p. 94f.)

In 1942, N.H. Knorr moved that to World War II and explained the Beast to be the League of Nations coming out of the abyss as the United Nations.

So, the Beast must have been in there twice.

But can anybody tell me where I find this in the book of Revelation ;-)

• ballistic
    ballistic

It's apparent to everyone (except the average Witness) that the DUBS change their interpretation of the bible to fit world events, ironicly while stating that only they have the correct interpretation.
    Although it may be a pass time for you to do this kind of research, I have to say I find it "a striving after the wind".
    As has previously been pointed out, the early bible students would be disfellowshipped for their beliefs today, and yet they fearlessly told people there was only one "ark".
    They change their beliefs regularly, through "the faithful and discreet slave class" as the light get's brighter. Yes, God reveals his secrets as and when required, as "food at the proper time", and that means revealing things after they occur and not before, and sometimes the beliefs change one way, then back again.
    And look what happens when they do reveal something before it occurs: 1975.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thankyou GermanJW,

But can anybody tell me where I find this in the book of Revelation ;-)

All I remmember is somewhere it mentions a beast, beasts and half a beast.

How can a beast climb out of an abyss anyway?

unclebottomless pit.

• Seeker
    Seeker

How very interesting! I never knew this one. So they used to say it was in the abyss during WWI, and then when WWII came along they just swapped it to that war instead. I wonder what they would have done had WWIII happened, and with it the temporary dissolution of the UN?

Of course, none of this matters cuz they are 'just imperfect humans' and all that, but ol' Rutherford sure sounded confident of what he was saying back in 1930, and ol' Knorr sure sounded confident of what he was saying in 1942, and until just a couple of years ago they sounded confident that the 'disgusting thing' stood in the holy place from 1919 onward, until they decided to play nice with the UN and push that to the future, and...

I think it's good that humans only live so many years, and that they have faulty memories. Otherwise the contradictory teachings of the WTS would begin to fold in on itself in one collective heap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit