Finding Old Friends

by individuals wife 8 Replies latest jw friends

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Just found a brilliant website for us Brits - I think you have an equivalent in the US though.

. http://www.friendsreunited.com

Once you register, which is free and very easy, you enter the name of your old school, primary, secondary or both and it gives you details of kids you went to school with, what they did after they left, what job they are doing now, whether they got married and had kids, etc. For a fee of £5 you can then choose to contact any of them, although some manage to sneak their email address on without being noticed by the moderator it seems.

Bringing back fantastic memories for me, so many familiar names and faces, and who would have thought the class swot would have ended up on a building site and the girl who never brushed her hair and wore naff clothes would end up being a top graphic designer with her own company. Amazing site.

• Simon
    Simon

I guess I must have registered before the introduced a fee...

Not that I can really remember many people from my school "daze" ... the joy of being a JW kid and not joining in ...

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Simon - it doesnt cost anything to register and view the entries, the fee is only payable if you want to contact any of them. I registered yesterday and it didnt cost me 'nuffin!

• Lesley
    Lesley

Thanks for letting us know about this website. It is brilliant.
    I found details of a lad I used to know, who I couldn't locate for a school reunion 8 years ago. It was great to see my old friends listed.

This has made my day!

Thanks a lot!

Lesley

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Lesley - yes, it is brilliant, I found details of an ex-boyfriend who is now running from the CSA (Child Support Agency), he has just divorced his wife and it sounds as though he is trying to avoid paying anything toward the upkeep of his kids.... phew, glad I dumped him now! Oh, to think what might have been.....

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I think the US equivalent is:

. http://www.classmates.com or
    . http://www.highschoolalumni.com

closer

• Lesley
    Lesley

Hi individuals wife

I've entered my husband Steven's details (I believe you spoke to him in chat once). He went to the same school as me but was 2 years below me.

We met when he was in lower 6th and I had been left school 2 years! boy did I get some stick for dating a schoolboy! We've been together for 17 years so all those who disapproved were wrong, especially my lovely mother-in-law who found it difficult that I was dating her son when I was such a terrible older woman!

Lesley

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Hi Lesley - lovely to see you posting - hope everything is going OK for you and Steven.

We've been together for 17 years so all those who disapproved were wrong

Yes, isn't it good to prove people wrong, I married my hubby 'individual' when I was only 18 and people were quite critical saying it wouldnt last, yet we are still going strong and other relationships have been crumbling around us lately. There is a lot to be said for true love!

• ballistic
    ballistic

To get your email on there for free just type emailme on xxxxxx (AT) xxxxx
    and it wont automatically be deleted, however they do traul through them slowly checking for this so just check every couple of months it's still there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit