Death and Resurrection

by Cold Creek Swimmer 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

Good morning all.

I am writing this after learning of my father's death yesterday. I am a bit out of sorts to say the least. I was fortunate to have been able to talk and laugh with him only last weekend while he was (we thought) recovering from a coma in a long term care facility. 2 days later he was back in a coma and died by yesterday morning.

I was shaken more than I ever thought I would be. My father and I were never close. I have always been the loner in the family. Until the last few years, I was a firm believer in the resurrection. I have since come to believe in the idea of nothing. I finally fully understand why it is so important for witnesses to have this belief. They actually draw comfort from the idea of seeing dead loved ones again. My current belief system hit me square in the face when I realized that that is it. I will never in any way be able to communicate with him again. That is the price I pay for having my eyes opened and learning the truth about the lie. That has to be part of the reason that so many want to hang on to a flawed belief system. Without hope, they feel that they will lose their anchor.

I do not agree with the lie that is the resurrection hope. I do not agree with believing this because truth hurts so much. I think it is best to feel the pain of loss and deal with the reality of that loss and what it really means. I tried to spend yesterday dealing with this. I broke down whenever I tried to think of him. I am still trying to face this loss, but have to do it in increments. The first increment for me was the telling to those who knew him. That was bad enough. I am away from all family until tonight when I get home to my wife and kids. That's the next increment. I suppose the hardest will be when I see my mom and siblings next weekend for the memorial. The reality of the situation will hopefully finally sink in and I'll be able to move on.

I write this not as a call for sympathy, but as a sort of catharsis for myself. Sometimes just putting into words what I am feeling helps. This time it has. Thank you for reading my ramblings and I sincerely apologize if this is a waste of your time. I do not post too much because I don't often have much to say. Today, it was about me, and I'm ok with that. I hope you will be as well.

CCS

• bite me
    bite me

I am sorry for you loss. Sometimes it just helps to talk about it. I find that helps me out when I've lost people I've loved and cared about.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Oh man, Cold Creek Swimmer! That was a great post. I am so sorry to hear of the unexpected loss of your father. I wish you strength during this upcoming time period when all this sinks in.

I really agree with you here:

I do not agree with the lie that is the resurrection hope. I do not agree with believing this because truth hurts so much. I think it is best to feel the pain of loss and deal with the reality of that loss and what it really means

That's the best way to heal. We know this life is temporary for us all, and as for what lies beyond the curtain -- we really cannot now know.

I hope the happy memories of your father will always stay with you.

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

Gopher, Bite me,

Thank you for your kind words.

CCS

• Sirona
    Sirona

So sorry for your loss.

This forum is good because its so busy and its full of individuals who have lost fathers, mothers, children etc. So keep talking to us.

I personally do believe in life after death because all my life I've seen spirit beings. I strongly feel that they are alright and are "at home" in the spirit. That isn't to say that I'm right, its just my opinion, of course.

I agree with you that facing death and not seeking solace in "untruths" is the best path and you will heal by facing it.

Hugs

Sirona

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

CCS,

So sorry for your loss. Your post is not a waste of anyones time, that's what is so great about this board, it is a since of therapy.

Take care...

• Aleman
    Aleman

Dear Cold creek swimer,

First off, I am sorry for your loss...

Second, the fact that the JWs belief of resurrection is a false teaching, according to your words, is an utter and shameful lie! They believe what the bible teaches, not something that just came to their heads and tried to impliment their believers.

The prophets have resurrected a few people in their time. Also Jesus resurrected a few himself as well. This is all in the Holy Bible. If you read it a little, like Gahndi, Martin L. King Jr., or Einstien did, you would know this.

-Aleman

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

Aleman,

I did not come here to debate my personal belifes with a Watchtower apologist. I came here for my own personal well being. I suggest you start your own thread on that subject and leave me to my grief. Your condolences are most insincere. Please do not respond to this thread again.

CCS

• jambon1
    jambon1

CCS, thanks for your post & sorry for your loss of a close loved one. I am firmly in your camp. I believe in no god, no afterlife. However, if one of my kids died, then I can see the attraction in groping on to some kind of comforting thought of seeing them again. To think that I will never see them again just crushes me. However, we must live in the real world. Life isn't a fantasy. That's why I always make sure that I make each day count. Live life like there is no tomorrow. JW's live life for the after armageddon fantasy. Hence, they tend to look like idiots to most right thinking individuals. Best wishes to you and your family, J.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit