I have the wrong name.....

by pettygrudger 1 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I've only been reading this board & posting for a little over a month. I thought this was a board for help, sharing of experiences and support for JW's, ex-JW's, and others affected by the JW religion. In the last 2 weeks, I have read so many hateful threads, open apology threads followed w/hateful responses, newbies whose names are similar degraded made fun of because they're similar, etc. etc. etc. that I have become quite depressed. People obviously have problems with others on this board, and in childlike manners proceed to tit-for-tat in such nasty, distasteful ways its truly astounding.

Speaking as a "newbie" can any of you that behave in this way consider for just one moment what your posts looks like to "outsiders"? Could you imagine what a JW with doubts, a JW who has been traumatized or victimized might think if they come to this board and read those type of posts? They could be sincerely looking for hope, for help, for guidance. Your threads could send any/all of them running back to the JW organization.

For those of you who have your arguments in a tasteful, thoughtful way, I don't mean this of you. Sharing of ideas, disagreements, experiences and different philosophies is truly a wonderful thing.

I guess I just don't understand.

All I know is that I don't want my title anymore......it should be reserved for many of you that truly forget why you came here, and forgot all the people that might come after who need as much support and understanding as you may have.

• Princess
    Princess

I assume you are referring to my post regarding the newbie known as Almighty Princess? That was a joke! Try looking at things with a sense of humor before you judge it. I am pretty sure someone was just messing with me and I think I know who. I had to write about it just to let her know I saw it. Geez, give us a break already. This board needs a little comedy from time to time.

Princess (the original)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit