Beth Sarim forever

by Mum 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

My daughter is in San Diego this weekend for a football game. When she asked me what I wanted her to bring me as a souvenir, I asked for a picture of Beth Sarim.

Then I started thinking about how that fine old mansion should be turned into a museum (as many Shaker villages have been) in memory of the folly and foibles of J.F. Rutherford and the organization which he molded and promoted.

This may be far fetched, but are there others here who think we should all start a fund to purchase the property at 4440 (I think) Braeburn Road in the posh Kensington Heights section of San Diego? I think it would be appropriate to frame and hang on the walls lots of documentation about Rutherford and Watchtower history as well has have a library of Rutherford's writings. To support the institution, rooms could be rented out bed-and-breakfast style.

Farkel would make an ideal curator. We would all like to visit and spend a night boozing it up in not-so-fond memory of the original resident there, I think.

What do all of you think?

Regards,
    Mum

• larc
    larc

Mum,

Many of us have thought of that. Leonard Crietian, another San Diego citizen dreamed of it years ago. However, it would take quite a war chest to buy it. The mansion is valued at about 4 million right now.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What do all of you think?

If someone could write a check for 4 to 4 1/2 mil, I would gladly spearhead the purchase and "carpe diem." (I'm not so good at the old "carpe noctum" stuff these days!)

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit