A young boy who was cheated...

by spiritboi 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

knock, knock,knock

A 15 yr old boy opened the door..."yes?"

"Are u Anthony?"

"yes."

"I am a friend of David..He is now studying the Bible with me.He say u may be interested.Do you want to study the Bible also?"

"Study bible? how much?"

"It's free. Either my friend or me will come here to study the Bible with u once a week.Which day r u free?"

"Friday nite"

This boy is so ignorant, so gullible. It's free...no harm learning new things.

But there is no free lunch in this world! By agreeing ,he lost his freedom, his ability to think, reason and to question for 3 whole years and was still suffering emotionally. "Last days...Armaggedon, death" always come back to haunt him..His girlfriend left him all because he wanted to take back his ability to reason and to question.

And now 5 yrs later, he is lost. He realised he has been cheated. He could not sleep. But luckily for him, he has friends in JWD who is always available to comfort and advise him. And now, he needs to voice out his frustration to his JWD friends even though it is already 3 AM...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey spiritboi,

When we're 15 many of us hadn't gained much experience, so as to be able to sense the danger behind a "free offer".

Look at it this way.. you learned a valuable lesson about religions and about free offers. And as for that girlfriend, you'll find other friends who will not judge you for wanting to use that marvelous organ called the brain. If that old girlfriend chooses not to use hers now, she may never get it. You don't need to waste time trying to fix that.

The Armageddon thing will wear off eventually. I know what JW mind-bending is like. They train you to think Jehovah is peeking at you all the time, writing down every little wong thing you do. If there is a God, I doubt he has the time or inclination to follow us all around like that. Anyhow people have been crying Armageddon for centuries now, and it never happened. People make their own Armageddons.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yeah, what Gopher said...

I'm just glad you got out when you did. As for me, I've spent one year in therapy for every year of torment I endured in "the truth".

There will be other girlfriends, believe it or not; try not to lose the good feelings of that relationship, and just realize there will be much better ones to come.

Really.

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

Hugs to you. spiritboi,

It is very frustrating, isn't it? We do something in good faith, but in our ignorance, we are taken advantage of.

Life does go on and, thankfully, it gets better with time. Otherwise... I probably would have been in lots of trouble.

It's good to have a place to vent, though. It helps tremendously that there are others who have been there and understand.

• Mum
    Mum

Teenagers like to do what their friends do, and cults will exploit that inclination. I, too, was 15 when I became a "publisher." My JW experience was not that horrendous on its own. It was their blatant uncaring attitude toward my daughter after her father and I split up (kind of a long story) that turned me away forever. Yes, that place of what-looks-like-security and smug certainty turns out to be prison almost every time.

Regards,

SandraC

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is initiatory fraud like this that is why the Watchtower Society needs to be ruined. Someone innocently checks something out, and gets pulled into a scam that cuts off their ability to reason. Worst, they program new recruits not to look at outside sources for answers. Then they use you up and throw you away if you make one little mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit