Discussion of JW death on Fark.com

by Paralipomenon 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Not sure if this has been posted, but I didn't see the usual suspects posting there.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3183138

Interesting, over 300 comments and only a handfull favorable. Most people are getting disgusted with witnesses.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Thanks Para

I just had a look through the comments and I agree that the JW's ruling on blood is getting a negative reaction in general. The tragic death of a young mother when so needless has sparked a wave of indignation and disgust. I hope it has a snow-ball effect and puts an end to the WT soon!

Maddie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks for posting

purps

• bebu
    bebu

I didn't care for most comments, which were truly callous. Yes, the religion's rules are idiotic, and in this particular case they are deadly. But that doesn't mean the people who practice it are all worthless.

bebu

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Comments like "What an idiot and she got what she deserved" or "One less moron in this world" are not the best I ever read.

• bebu
    bebu

Hi Exterminator, welcome to the board! What's with bambi behind the judge? ~Very funny!

bebu

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

Thank you, Bebu. I sent you a message

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

My favorite comment:

What I really don't get about the whole thing is that they refuse blood transfusions because of an interpretation in the Used(old) Testament.

But Jewish people can have blood transfusions. And Jewish people wrote the OT. And Jewish people studied it Religiously (in the literal sense) for several thousand years before Jehovah's Witnesses.

So why not trust the experts?

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Because they dont believe in Jesus of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit