Dr Phil's "Get Real Challenge"

by Esmeralda 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

I was just wondering if anyone is watching the Dr. Phil Get Real challenge that will be running all season, on Tuesdays on Oprah.

I'm curious if anyone wants to kind of 'buddy up' in a small group and follow the program and writing exercises (there is an online workbook)

Please let me know if you're interested. I'm emphasizing "small" for the sake of really being able to interact and not letting it get out of control. (my health limitations and all)

I'm looking for 5 people who want to doing this. If I get more than five people then maybe the group could be expanded to eight or ten. (I think an even number would be good)

This is for people who are serious only. It would not be for entertainment.

Let me know if you want to do this. Even if I only get one response I'd be happy to have an e mail buddy specifically to talk about this with.

[email protected]

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Esmerelda,

I would love to do that, BUT I can't watch the show on Tuesdays because of work :-(

Is the workbook online sufficient to keep up?

If it is, I'd be excited about being in a group.

Thanks.
    Pat

• outnfree
    outnfree

Essie,

I have an ex-JW friend who was telling me about the series last week!

I've forwarded the thread to her in case she's interested. I haven't seen any of it yet, so I'm not sure if it's something I'd be up for.

Best,

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hey Pat,

Take a look at the website and see what you think... maybe you can tape the show? I usually do and then watch it when the house is quiet, I get a lot more out of it than with my kid tugging at me LOL.

Thanks outnfree! You too can take a look at the website and see what you think.

Let me know if this link works: if it doesn't go to Oprah.com and you should be able to find it on the "dr Phil" link on the left.

: http://www.oprah.com/phil/grc/challenge/challenge_your.jhtml

Thanks for the replies! :)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey Essie,
    Count me in. I am addicted to Dr. Phil, and I've watched the first two of those shows. Tell me what to do, so I can join you. Sounds fun.
    Marilyn

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Cool Mulan!

I'm going to set up a yahoo group for the e mails.

The URL for the info on the challenge is in my post above, there is an online workbook that you can do and print out. I'll be doing mine and sharing that info with the group.

Pat asked if you can do this without seeing the show...I think it'd be a lot easier if you can see it/tape it and watch it at your convienience. But as long as you do the exercises on the site I think that'll work.

Pretty much all I will ask of participants is that they do the exercises, (so we stay on the topic, the challenge) and that they don't share the info on this board or talk about it outside (so people feel they can say what they really feel)

This is NOT an 'elite' group. so don't nobody go there! Those rules about keeping it to yourself is necessary if we're going to be able to be honest.

I'm still working out the particulars but I'll put you down, Mulan.

Pat, if you want to give it a go that's great too :)

That's three of us. Any more?

essie

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I am interested...but still waiting for the baby to come. Is this something I could start when I get out of the hospital, or is it right away? (I am over 2 weeks late ack! I should have her soon!)

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I'm interested! Please let me know all the details. When does it start?

closer

• alamb
    alamb

I'm in.
    :)
    I love Dr. Phil too, this will be good for me. Thanks for the invite.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Hey Lamb and closer, got ya down.

Hey Eyebrow, the shows started 2 weeks ago so I'm already behind *lol* Keep me posted how you're feeling after the baby comes and check out the workbook online when you can and then let me know if you want to join in later on. :)

Thanks for your interest. I'm really happy to get the chance to do this with you :)

I've never set up a yahoogroup before so you guys feel free to give me input on how you think its working/not working and how we can improve it. We'll make it up as we go along.

I'll start the e mails as soon as everyone responds to the original e mail.

love
    essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit