... It's a female Danny Haszard !!!?!?!??

by Kudra 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

... another pepperspraying legend!

Businesswoman Waits Inside Dark Delivery Truck To Surprise, Catch Thief

VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A Central Florida store owner fed up with recent break-ins hid inside one of her company's delivery trucks overnight and captured a thief breaking into the vehicle with blasts of pepper spray, according to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators said the 49-year-old woman, who is the owner of Appleby's Produce located on Providence Boulevard, decided to camp out in the back of one of her company's delivery trucks over the weekend.

At about 9 p.m., police said Steven Kumbera, 19, opened the door to the box truck that the woman was hiding in. As the door opened, the woman sprayed the chemical in Kumbera's face, the sheriff's report said.

The 19-year-old was taken into custody a short time later, according to the sheriff's report. Officers said Kumbera had orange liquid covering his face when he was arrested.

Kumbera was transported to Florida Hospital Fish Memorial in Orange City and treated for injuries caused by two pepper spray blasts.

The owner of the store, who was not identified in the report, said she decided to stay in her truck because she had been burglarized several times and was "sick of it," the sheriff's report said.

Kumbera was charged with one count of burglary of a conveyance, which is a second-degree felony, the report said.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Slightly different circumstance -- the 19-year old who got sprayed was performing a felony.

However, this experience clearly illustrates the harm that pepper-spray can cause. The kid had to go to the hospital !

• DJK
    DJK

It is a different circumstance.

I couldn't recommend anyone taking her course of action, she was fortunate there weren't multiple suspects or firearms involved. It's also been proven that pepper and mace sprays are less effective against someone under the influence of drugs.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

danny's senario blew chunks. This is a wee bit diff.

Good for her. Glad she didnt get shot.

• ush419
    ush419

I applaud this lady, she took care of business herself, my only recommendation would have been that she use Bear Spray, it's suppose to stop grizzlies and it would have really taught the thief a lesson. If she had relied upon the police to protect her property, well the continual thefts show how that would have gone. The police only react to a crime or circumstance they aren't pro active with little businesses. If she hadn't taken care of it then the robberies would most likely have continued.

• ninja
    ninja

even better than bear spray....my armpits.....a good few years ago one of my smelly sweaty t shirts went missing.... a day later the jonestown massacre....coincidence?...you decide

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes yes yes. sheesh.

I KNOW it's a different circumstance but I thought it was just FUNNY that she laid in wait and peppersprayed the perps...

Just reminded me of DH with his scheme.

Just a funny little story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit