The distance between dogma and money

by blueviceroy 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I think I see the WTBTS attempting to disintangle itself from the religion that funded it's origin.

Not that I actually know anything but it seems apparent to me that the society would like nothing more that to be able to cut away the "church" and pursue it's business dealings unencumbered by a monetary drain and liability like the religion that has become an albatross around thier neck.

Perhaps I'm mistaken and the society will use it's money to support it's members and quit taking so much witout giving back to the people who give .

• ush419
    ush419

Thier leaving the money from the rank and file just ain't going to happen,

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Perhaps I'm mistaken and the society will use it's money to support it's members and quit taking so much witout giving back to the people who give .

if they had wanted to do that, they would of done so by now.

• Gopher
    Gopher

You're partially correct. The WTS breakup in 2000 into 3 legal entities heliped separate the Governing Body from the administration part of the WT empire, and probably to shield them from liability regarding the blood transfusion and child molestation coverup issues (even though those 2nd issues weren't fully exposed until 2002).

Recently we've seen the WTS downsizing and selling real estate to conserve funds, and on the other hand they've had to pay out large amounts to settle sexual / child molestation coverup cases. The WTS will be on the hook for legal expenses incurred as a result of their stubborn enformcement of harmful doctrine, for many years to come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit