Early Editions of The New Creation (Vol 6) on the New Covenant

by cabasilas 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Seems like I've read that the earliest editions of The New Creation by Russell taught that the New Covenant was in force for Christians of this era. Then after Russell wrote that, he changed his views and put the New Covenant as something future and not now in effect. He then later changed the text in The New Creation to reflect this new view (I've been told this was about 1909) and this helped precipitate what's been called the New Covenant schism. Does anyone have early copies of The New Creation (prior to 1909)? I think one place to check would be page 358:

"We answer that the New Covenant has not gone into effect, so far as the world is concerned; that it will not go into effect fully and completely until the second advent of Christ; and that, as we have just seen, Israel after the flesh will be amongst the first of mankind to profit by the New Covenant."

I'd be curious if anyone has an early edition of The New Creation that reads differently here and says the New Covenant is now in effect.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Ever have any luck with this?

• waton
    waton

Not familiar with wt wrangling with the New Covenant question, but taking the bible strictly as a document, only to be discussed, -- there is something basically wrong with wt inc's "new Covenant" views. They are balled up with the Kingdom Covenant.

In the Old days, All Israel and converts were in the law covenant, so all followers of "jesus" must be in the all embracing "New Covenant" that replaced the old. . Only the tribe of Judah was in the kingdom covenant, only Levi in the priestly arrangement. so, let it be resolved that:

All "christians" are in the new covenant, the 12 tribes of [spiritual] Israel, possibly only < 1/12 could be in the kingdom covenant, since after the last supper, made with the 11 originals.

not endorsing just doing the numbers.

PS. wt like others are always having this big egos, nothing matters before their time. example: apostles, bible writers all pre 1919, therefore not part of the F&DS, not providing spiritual food for thought. really, think about that.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The edition of 1904 of THe New Creation is identical in this passage to the edition of 1909.

We answer that the New Covenant has not gone into effect, so far as the world is concerned; that it will not go into effect fully and completely until the second advent of Christ; and that, as we have just seen, Israel after the flesh will be amongst the first of mankind to profit by the New Covenant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit