I live in the "casa of chaos"

by wings 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

That is what is finger printed in the cement on the garage floor...."casa of chaos 96".

In the shop floor is finger printed "Mark 1949", on the edge of the pool "1955". I'm not sure about haunted, but this house has past issues yet to be resolved. It is located in a wonderful neighborhood in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Big lots...3/4 acre....just north of old town, and downtown. Wide quiet street, lots of big trees, I could have chickens and horses here right in the middle of town.

Back to the house....unbelieveably neglected. At least for the past 30-40 years. An artist lived here once, my guess in the 60's and 70's. Many of the doors are carved and painted. There is an evolution carving on the drawers in the office. The kitchen is custom made for a tall person (I'm short), but very custom, hand done and interesting. Old commercial wolf stove. Handmade cabinets and drawers.

I am renting but I have an option to buy...wish I had the money to fix this place...but to go into all the things that need to be done, no one would finish reading....

I have connected to this house, it needs some serious attention....have any of you ever been in love with a neglected house?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes, deeply in love, and rooted... but it had become a love/hate relationship. I realized that for her to live again, I had to let her go... and I was right... she is being refurbished now and she is glowing.

Every situation is different. You already know the answer to yours... you just have to listen.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• changeling
    changeling

Yes, but I sold it and made a tiddy profit.

I then purchased one that did not take 500.00 per month to heat or cool.

Older homes have a lot of charm but their upkeep can be very costly.

changeling

• wings
    wings
    but it had become a love/hate relationship

ditto...I will probably have to move before the heat bills hit...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, Wings, I am in love - with an old farmhouse out of town. It's located on a country road, with a beautiful pasture and rolling hills behind. Though very old and decrepit, yet it harkens back to another time in my life. I currently live in a beautiful little cottage that is well-maintained and on lovely grounds. Still, that impractical old place with messy and neglected grounds appeals to me ...

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit