A question for the apologists of the Watch Tower

by Hiddenwindow 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Dear apologists of the WT:

I do not mean to be sarcastic of ironic, but, please, if you are so kind, respond to this question. How do you conciliate defending the Watch Tower on a forum like this with the fact that, as you perfectly know, such organization bans you (if you are still in) from being part of this type of forum and would even disfellowship you for instisting in being here?

Does free speech matter to you?

Hiddenwindow

• erynw
    erynw

Welcome. Most of us here are ex-JWs, but good question. Freedom of speech is something I highly valued when I was in and even more so now that I'm out. Enjoy your stay.

• flipper
    flipper

HIDDENWINDOW- I think that most kurkers who are apologists , dare not do it too much on this site , as they will find out they'll get chewed up like yesterdays lunch for standing up for the Watchtower ! The proliferation of cult thinking does not hold up too well on this particular web site ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper !

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome hiddenwindow! Love your name!

Please try not to summon the crazies!

changeling

• jah1914
    jah1914

I'm not an apologist\lurker, my biography states what I am, I know this will get me 'tared and feathered' but here goes.

Doesn't freedom of speech include the possibility that someone, whatever their reason, may choose not to speak? I mean wouldn't someone have the 'right' to say anything including nothing to some people if they choose? So perhaps the lurkers are exercising their right:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." - Declaration of Independence

• zeroday
    zeroday

Dear apologists of the WT:

Ain't no stinking apologists here... just us Apostates...

• Priest73
    Priest73

"just us Apostates..." Actually, I refuse to be labeled. By anyone. To quote a famous Seaman... "I am what I am"

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    I'm not an apologist\lurker, my biography states what I am, I know this will get me 'tared and feathered' but here goes.

Doesn't freedom of speech include the possibility that someone, whatever their reason, may choose not to speak? I mean wouldn't someone have the 'right' to say anything including nothing to some people if they choose? So perhaps the lurkers are exercising their right

Of course everyone has the right to remain silent(!) if they wish - how would we even know they are here if they are simply 'lurking', and why would we or how could we deny them that right?

Of course, the 'apologists' (or more likely active JWs) who frequent the site, lurking or not, should have the right to freedom of speech in expressing their view points on this site, or just reading through it; the whole point is that on this "apostate" website, they are not granted freedom of speech by the Watchtower, if they really follow what they are taught. They are not supposed to be here, just as they are not supposed to read certain books or talk to certain people. Not because 'apostates' say so, but because the Watchtower says so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit