Changed ALL the lightbulbs to save on the electric bill!

by ButtLight 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well, I did say ALL! Sorry, couldnt help myself, its friday!

• JH
    JH

What are you planning on buying with the money you'll save ?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was thinking of taking all mine out, using candles. Save, save, save. Would that work for you?

S

• BFD
    BFD

LMAO!

I opened this thread to reply that forgot one but, apparently you thought of everything!

BFD

• JH
    JH

Do they have these kinds of bulbs for Christmas trees?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was thinking of taking all mine out, using candles.

That reminds me of the Mother Spuerior entering the girls dormitory at night

CANDLES OUT GIRLS

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... ummm... nice 'bulb'.

I too have replaced all of my incandescent bulbs with CFL ones. The electric bill went down - but not all that much.

A survey conducted a few years ago says that residential lighting only is only about 10% of the monthly electric bill. I can say that that figure is about right.

But - great! that you've replaced your bulbs with lower wattage ones.

Regards,

Jim TX

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I replaced my light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs when they first came out. As my refrigerator and air conditioner are the two biggest users of electricity, it had little direct effect on my light bill, but it has helped some and cuts back on carbon dioxide in the air.

For Christmas lights, I have nothing but LED lights. Those burn cool, are 90% more efficient than standard bulbs, and they do not blow as often (in fact, they last something like 25-100 times longer). That way, I can run 1,000 lights for the price of only 100. And no blowing my fuses, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit