Firefox and Full Featured JWD

by freeme 3 Replies latest jw friends

• freeme
    freeme

Hi folks!

When you're using Firefox you probably know the problem that posting here with firefox is very featureless. But switching to IE for JWD? Nooooooooo!
    Here the solution i realized not everyone is using already:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

You can configure this addon in a way that every page will be opened with the normal firefox engine but only JWD will be opened with the IE engine in the firefox window.
    just install the addon and add in the settings the page

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/*

as being opened by IE Tab instead of the firefox engine (notice the asterisk).
    You wont even notice it after that :-) and you have the full featured posting editor :D

freeme

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm certainly no computer guru, but if someone does what you suggest, then that setting could easily be noticed by other users of that computer if they happen to look at the Firefox settings, correct?

Or is what I'm saying the equivalent of using "White Out" on my monitor?

Thanks for the suggestion, BTW. I hate not having full-features when I use Firefox, but from what I've been told, the security on Firefox is better than IE. With all the concern re: anonymity of late, just thought I'd toss this in the mix.

Open Mind

• freeme
    freeme
    I'm certainly no computer guru, but if someone does what you suggest, then that setting could easily be noticed by other users of that computer if they happen to look at the Firefox settings, correct?

ya, of course. but you dont have to put in this setting. with the addon installed you can switch back from ie and ff engine with a single click in the lower bar. the setting just makes it kinda invisible while using it :-)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm not that fond of Firefox. I'm an Opera junkie. Still, I use Internet Explorer in Linux for JWD. IE isn't a safe browser, but there isn't any spyware junk that runs on Linux so it's all good

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit