First Witness visit - Ever!

by Sawyer 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sawyer
    Sawyer

Well, I had my very first JW visit in my entire life today. (and I'm not what you would call young). The weird part is that they came into my workplace? I was working at a sales counter in a strip mall checking in orders when she walked into the store. I saw the car drive up and a man was with her in the driver's seat, she got out and walked up to the counter. I glanced up, expecting to take an order, and saw the Watchtower heading on her magazines. I said 'oh, the Watchtower", lowered my head and kept on working.

She said " oh, you're familiar with our magazines?" and I replied " well, I know that you are a JW". She said yes, and then proceeded to tell me about some of the interesting stories I could read in her magazines (for the life of me, I can't remember one 'interesting' word she said). I told her, I wasn't interested. She said she could leave the magazines with me if I thought I would be interested in reading them? I told her that I wouldn't be reading them, but she was more than welcome to leave them with me. (I was going to browse and then throw them away). She said that since I wasn't interested, she'd just take them with her. I wished her a good day, and she left. I noticed she was headed into the next store in the strip mall - I haven't had a chance to ask them about it yet.

I debated asking her about some of her doctrine (based on things I have learned here), but I was really busy and was afraid another customer might come in to the store in the middle of her diatribe.

How odd! Witnessing to strangers while they are working??

Oh well - I've now had my first witness encounter.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I served the rudest woman with a no blood card in her wallet the other day...very unchristian attitude.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

shoulda innocently dropped the............. excuse me miss......... are you a jw?

when her face lit up and she started to smile...................... say oh just curious............ you fit the profile.......... rude, self righteous, and they never leave a tip..........

but then again you could be looking for another job if ya did that............ so guess not lol

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I debated asking her about some of her doctrine (based on things I have learned here), but I was really busy and was afraid another customer might come in to the store in the middle of her diatribe.

You did the right thing. After all, you are being paid to do a job, not argue with some yokel Jehovah's Witness.

CyrusThePersian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit